Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Put the first few miles on my new Yeti today, still getting used to all the functions etc. but the second speedometer reading is is being displayed and it's in KPH but when I tried to disable it I could not find the "Alt.speed.dis" in the Settings menu. Does anyone know another way of turning this off please?

Many thanks
Pete T

·
Administrator
5,032 Posts
It should be in KPH as it's a requirement in UK to have a both MPH and KPH available so there is no option to be able to change it in the standard configuration via Maxidot. However, there is a workaround that means it can be set to MPH but it means using a VCDS cable and PC or a Carista OBD2 dongle. The trick is to set the car to Australian or US settings then you get the Alt Speed display option.

Reactions: Pete T

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SnowGood, makes sense, just never had the kph anywhere other than the main speedo.
Will leave it as is for now as I don't want to mess anything else up.
Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks SnowGood, makes sense, just never had the kph anywhere other than the main speedo.
Will leave it as is for now as I don't want to mess anything else up.
Pete
A wise move!

·
Administrator
5,032 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may well get a Carista OBD2 at some point (they are quite inexpensive) but as some one who has 2 left spanners and an uneasy relationship with the c*ck up fairy my new steed will remain 'standard' at least for now.
Thanks Guy's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I find the big speedo very handy as, like a number of other cars, the Yeti analog speedo isn't marked at every 10mph interval. Wonder why they don't mark 'em all?

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is my solution, a piece of coachline tape stuck on the dial. You can see at a casual glance if you are within the 30mph limit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts