Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Just thought I'd have a go at posting a pic of 'Red' as I've deceided to call him.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
Very nice, red suits the Yeti and gives a good shine. With mine I chose the car and SWMBO chose the colour, I was very tempted by the red, someone else on this forum though it was so nice they bought two!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rich. I particularly like your satin effect wingmirror covers and roof bars.

Just fitted one of these to his rear end for future caravan towing duties
. removable with cover so that I don't mess up the appearance of the back end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not at all Bob. Happy for others to benefit from my homework on this one.

Had the work carried out by Buchans For Towbars Ltd. 119 Cambuslang Road, Cambuslang Glasgow. Tel. No. 0141 647 5399. Although I understand they also have a workshop in Newbridge, Edinburgh.

Westfalia detachable towbar - £502.80
Vehicle specific 13 pin electrics - £220.80
Charging line extension kit - £37.20
Coding of electrics - £72

Total: £832.80

There is a vehicle specific bumper cover and support trim which you need to get separately from your local dealer. This came in £16.50

They had the car from 08.30 till 15.00. Very professional outfit and I would recommend them as they have now done a couple of Yetis now.

I hope you find the above of help Bob.

DavidEdited by: Red Clydeside

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi David,
I got mine fitted by West End Garage Broxburn. They fitted it themself got the same as you and had the car for two days. Gave me a free courtesy car. Did a very good job but it cost £915. The good news is everything works as it should and has a Skoda garantee. You thinking of getting a caravan?

BobEdited by: bettysman

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bob

Still looks like a fair price you got there. Buchan's guarantee the towbar for the lifetime of the towbar if it remains on the same vehicle.
Funnily enough I was near Broxburn at the weekend for the Caravan Club's Practical Caravan Course at Oakridge College. Now need to get the practice in to be able to perfect those reverse parking manoeuvres onto a pitch. Although the mover might come in handy for those awkward moments.

My parents have been keen touring caravanners for many years and I finally decided this year that I would like to be able to take their caravan out ourselves rather than having them take it to a site then come back to get it when our stay was over. That have a Swift Charisma 230 but are looking to downsize it to the Swift Charisma 220 at some point. Both of which are the ideal size and weight for the Yeti.

Hoping to take it away in early September.

Are you a caravanner yourself?Edited by: Red Clydeside

·
Registered
71 Posts
I posted similar a few months back and can highly recommend East Anglian Towbars of Soham if you're in the vicinity.
From my Skoda Dealer:
Cover £16.41
Reinforcement £4.34
Coding £58.00

From EAT:
Supply & fit Westfalia Towbar £378.00
Supply & fit Yeti Wiring Kit £216.00

Total: £672.75

Very pleased with it so far. Once removed, the towbar fits neatly in the polystyrene cutout in my boot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nleaney said:
I posted similar a few months back and can highly recommend East Anglian Towbars of Soham if you're in the vicinity. 
From my Skoda Dealer:
Cover £16.41
Reinforcement £4.34
Coding £58.00

From EAT:
Supply & fit Westfalia Towbar £378.00
Supply & fit Yeti Wiring Kit £216.00

Total: £672.75

Very pleased with it so far.  Once removed, the towbar fits neatly in the polystyrene cutout in my boot.

Looks like excellent value for money there.

It would be good if any other members provided details of installers and charges for different locations to assist those thinking of having the work done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi David,just back today from 3 nights at BlairAthollCastle site. Had a really good week-end. I've got a Coachman Highlander 380/2 , its 1200kg and my 110 bhp TDI2wd Yeti towed as good as my VW Bora 130 bhp. Got 37 mpg on the computer for the journey up.

Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having my 5 rear windows tinted next Sat and have contacted AmD in Essex to fit an after cat exhaust with 4 chrome tail pipes, 00 00

1 - 14 of 14 Posts