Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I decided to have a look through the information package from the glove box.

The first thing that struck me is there is no service record book for the dealer to stamp following a routine service.

The second thing is in the back of the Owners Manual there is a "Documentation of Vehicle Delivery" which has not been filled in.

I was wondering whether lack of a service record book was now normal, perhaps records are carried by the vehicle electronically?? and whether the lack of any filling in by the supplying dealer could lead to future problems with warranty etc.

Your thoughts about what is normal would be welcome before I approach the supplying dealer

Andy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah!! think I have found my answer to the service record book thing, it appears it has become a digital record held on a central computer database. Wonder how that's going to work with people who elect to use an independent garage for service items?
Edited by: Andy831

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a service book with my 2012 model, so that has been stamped. Previously I had a Mazda3 which was a digital record, so I asked for a printed copy after each service for my records, the dealership would not have otherwise bothered, certainly looks better when it's time to sell the car you can produce some paperwork.....I assume Skoda will print one off for you!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
No service book any more, all on the computer now but I have a little folder in my pack that is for a printed slip that you should get after a service.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The Hood said:
It must be a recent thing as my 2012 model also had a service booklet
+1

·
Registered
26 Posts
My May '13 L&K definitely has a service book as the dealer made a complete mess of filling it in, and I had to get some pages replaced

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Adventure which was registered September 2013 has got one. May be they stopped using them with FL model.

Stewart

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi, I was told when collecting mine that there was no service record book, I was given a little folder to hold the printed off document when the services were to be carried out. I guess the garage will have this on electronic file if ever I lost my paperwork. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes my jun delivered L& K is all electronic!

Yes I too had noted the dealer hadn't signed the hand book and wasn't aware of its presence
Clearly Skoda not too hit on keeping their dealership informed of changes

It's a good system but my only concern as raised by one of our members is how independent repairers can record servicing details : guess they can only provide a paper record which could be kept in the service wallet provided as part of the car document pack

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
If you ask for a service book - they will provide one.
Although it's "all electronic" these days, I still like having a stamped record I can show to a prospective buyer - otherwise how on earth are they to know it's been serviced properly.

Plus what happens when the car is out of warranty and you decide to have it serviced at a local garage?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts