Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a service manual dealing with the electrics on my 2012 Yeti. Any suggestions, please?

Thanks

Andrew

·
Administrator
4,960 Posts

·
Administrator
14,401 Posts
SnowGood said:
Probably on the ELSAWIN disc that you can get from Ebay.
I know The Hood reported buying one not too long ago so I am sure he'll be able to tell you if it covers what you need.
Ah Elsie Win Snowgood remembers her well!

Yes I have a copy of ELSAWIN, I much prefer a proper manual but the disc is quite useful, I have not yet needed or seen a fully blown diagram of the wiring loom but it does have what they describe as current flow diagrams which are effectively diagrams of specific areas. It does not cost much so there would be no harm in getting a copy just in case. With my last car (Mazda Premacy) I actually managed to find a dealer who was willing to sell me a copy of the manual they use. If you have a local Skoda dealer it might be worth asking them, the Mazda manual cost me £64.

There is a member on here called the Plumber who is extremely knowledgable maybe he could expand on this.

Here is a screen dump of the current flow page and one of the diagrams, the dump does not really do the diagran justice as I cannot resize the display on the screen.

uploads/10/elsawin.doc

·
Administrator
4,960 Posts
I knew you'd remember her!
I guess the trouble or advantage of the modern car is that they use so much in-built computing power within components that they run on a shared bus highway system so any component can communicate with any other componentrather than the older way of wiring of components individually so a "wiring diagram" is less useful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't obtain a copy of a manual but I did resolve the electrical issue, which was concerned with wiring up a two-way radio in the simplest way possible. Now resolved, by routing direct to the battery and missing out the fuse box. Many thanks! Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone on t he forum able to e mail me wiring diagrams or workshop instructions that give info and details and location of front and rear parking sensors, the location of the warning buzzers and the park distance control model, to help me with the retrofit of sensors. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Rgh999 said:
Is anyone on t he forum able to e mail me wiring diagrams or workshop instructions that give info and details and location of front and rear parking sensors, the location of the warning buzzers and the park distance control model, to help me with the retrofit of sensors. Thanks
Rgh999 you would be better off getting your own personal copy of Elsawin. That way you would have all the info you need (about 6 pages worth) and more. SnowGood has provided a link at the top of the page to a supplier on eBay.

Alternatively you could start here and see how you go
http://skoda.workshop-manuals.com

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts