Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 sel drive is showing the rather annoying " service now" message each time we switch her on. Does anyone out there know how to reset the indicator.
Thanks

·
Administrator
5,258 Posts
One of the many things that can be found by looking in yetipedia.

This should help.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I tried it and it, the link that is, and it worked for me. Have copied it for you:

B) Face Lift Yeti
(
copied and edited from a thread provided earlier)
1. Turn off ignition,
2. For full service reset - turn on hazard lights.
For oil service only - skip this step.
3. Press AND HOLD the trip zero “0.0” button (lower right of speedo dial),
4. While keeping 0.0 button pressed, switch IGN to fully ON, position two, but DO NOT start engine.
5. Wait till the "reset" message appears on the Maxidot screen, then release the “0.0” button.
6. say yes to "reset"
7. Turn off ignition.
An oil service reset is the same just do not turn on hazards at step 2
Job done.

Reactions: Tresim

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
The question that has to be asked though is why are you ignoring it? Perhaps your car is due a service!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only done 4000 miles in 12 months due to covid situation so its a time thing not mileage. I reckon good oil used nowadays should last a little longer.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Servicing is every 12 months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest, therefore it is correct that it needs a service!
The fact that it has only done 4k miles is immaterial. Standing doing nothing is one of the worst things that can happen to a car. Oil isn't being circulated adequately, condensation will occur internally, belts harden and set.
Get it serviced!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Theoretically long life oil only needs changing every two years. I am not saying that is what you should do but it is acceptable on the variable servicing schedule.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Llanigraham will most likely disagree with this, but this is my take on the subject: If you do lots of short journeys, the repeated heating and cooling will cause a lot of condensation and so, yes you ought to change your oil at one year or 9000 miles maximum, whichever comes the sooner. However, if the car has just been standing there, you will not get the repeated condensation and so you could well exceed the time but not the mileage.

In my case, I only do about 4000 miles a year but very rarely ever do a journey of less than 40 miles and most of that is on fast roads. I only use longlife VW 507 oil and so I do not see the need to change it once a year. Belts are nothing to do with this discussion.

I am not lecturing but hope it helps to put a less rigid perspective on the argument

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Even just standing you will still get condensation on metal parts, and as Henry (Flintstone) has said numerous times belts sitting in one position for a long time "set" in that position. The short mileage as shown by the OP is indicative of short journeys and lots of standing still, so you also need to take into account lack of use of brake parts and added corrosion on brake discs.

Just think, most classic cars like my Midget only do low mileage every year but most owners will service them at the start of each season without a thought. I started to do exactly that this morning and my Midget only did 1104 miles last year!

And no-one has lectured anyone, what you've been given is advice.

Reactions: MouldyPaul

·
Registered
128 Posts
With all due respect i don't need a lecture just a bit of advice.
This is an excellent forum with members who possess a great deal of knowledge. You asked a question and you got some very good answers. How on earth can you see any of those as ‘a lecture’?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Seconds out, round 2. 😉😉

Markis42 has not said he has been doing short journeys only that because of Covid he has only done 4,000 miles in the year. He innocently asked how to reset the service light and I think a straight forward reply to that would have been enough,

What have cam belts, brake discs, 948cc BMC petrol engines and my grand mother’s bicycle tyres have to do with resetting service lights?

Douglas Bader quoted that “Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise”.

KISS. Your go Graham....... 😉

·
Registered
712 Posts
It’s only a mild tongue in cheek wind up. It’s intended to be a distraction from all the wingeing that is going on about sore arms and headaches on a different post. :devilish::)

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
It’s only a mild tongue in cheek wind up. It’s intended to be a distraction from all the wingeing that is going on about sore arms and headaches on a different post. :devilish::)
Has your turn for armful already been and gone then Jim?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thank you Henry. Yes, I had mine on the same day as Jimmy, 12 days ago.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wonder if your copy and paste version worked, the OP did not mention it in their last two posts.
I wondered that too. It seems odd he couldn’t pick up Snowgood’s link. It worked fine for me.

·
Administrator
5,258 Posts
My presumption from Markis42's response was that he had tried the reset instructions but they hadn't worked for him rather than the link in the post didin't work. Perhaps he could confirm that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts