Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Yeti Bros,

On braking at junctions or lights my Yeti shudders and I'm obliged to depress the clutch to stop this happening. Does anybody else experience this problem? It didn't do this when new in July '11 but I've noticed the problem consistently in recent weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Would be useful to know what model you have, but it sounds like it's shuddering because it is trying to stall.
Put the clutch down sooner.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking time to consider this conundrum for me, Graham. It's possible it's the decelleration in 6th gear (when before I had a five gear Golf) but it's only something that's started in the last two months so I hopeit's not simply poor driving!

Any other suggestions warmly welcomed.

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
Graham could well be right, if you are slowing down to a stop in fifth or sixth gear it would put a lot of strain on yor 1.2 engine, if you don't de-clutch or change down.You don't mention any shaking through the steering wheel whilst brakingotherwise it could be warped or misaligned disc/discs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Derek. My paranoia is that having been driven into the backside of by some silly young woman in an old Golf (couldn't prove she was texting but all the circumstantial evidence and her gushing apologies was what told me) I had the car fixed by a great outfit. Am confident they would have run all the diagnostics before releasing it back to me but I can't but think the shuddering's related to the crash. Maybe it is just me driving it like I used to drive my 1.6 SE Golf?

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is how we do it in the trade, you cannot guess what may be wrong, you must road test.
To test, check the tyre pressures are correct and the wheel nuts are secure, then look to see if a wheel balance weight could have come off (tell tale sign is a clean patch where a weight may have been), find an empty road, take up to 30 mph whilst keeping in the center of the road (stradle white line), knock out of gear then apply brakes keeping only a light grip of the steering wheel, if you feel any shudder either in the pedal box or in general then the fault lies in the brakes.
Do it again this time just let off the throttle and glide to a standstill, should you feel a shudder of the steering wheel, then I would look for something loose or bent.

Do not take advice from anyone who is not qualified to give advice, it could be something that could lead to a serious fault.
Edited by: Tech-Yeti

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
As things have progressed from an unexplained shudder appearing from natural usage, to possibly the after affects of an accident or bad repair job, it sounds like you would do well to go to a trusted (different) garage or perhaps Skoda dealer, and get them to have a look at the brakes and geometry of your car.
If they dofind anything it is unlikely that you would be able to fix it and may need to seek redress from the firm that carried out the repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts