Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the back seats in and out of my Yeti many times without problems. Today I was replacing one of the back seats and somehow managed to to get one of the back clips to latch on before placing the front latches on their rails. Now it's stuck! However I manipulate the seat and the release handle I can't get it off again. I don't want to force it and cause damage.

TIA for ideas on how to deal with this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have other seats in take them out to give you space to manipulate easier , if you have done that then I'm not sure what you can do other than be extremely patient , maybe someone else can offer more ideas. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,023 Posts
Can you not get a bar and go in from front or back to release the catch?

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
Pitch dark outside so not feasible to look at mine at the moment.

If you remove the seat the other side, can you see how the floor fittings are held in place? Perhaps you could remove the fittings with the seat attached and part them outside the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've taken the cover off the mechanism that tilts the seat back so I can see what's going on. I've also examined how the other seats work. They are out of the car anyway. Something is stopping the latch from rotating, possibly because the whole seat is tilted slightly backwards and the floor of the car is obstructing the lever that releases the latch. Even if I get something in the gap to pry the latch it won't turn.

And I've managed to get the other side of the seat jammed in the same way!

Removing the fittings from under the car might be the only way. Or go very sheepishly to my local friendly Skoda man (Le Car Center in Mill Hill) and plead for mercy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to Le Car Center this afternoon. The mechanic looked, scratched his head for a while. 10 minutes and a bit of experimenting later it was fixed. He pulled a webbing tape at the back of the seat which is something to do with child seat fixings. This moved something near the front clips slightly which gave enough clearance for the normal release handle to do its job. Apparently the mountings for the backs of the seats are welded to the body, so no chance of removing them from under the car.

No charge but I gave him a decent tip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts