Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited the dealer today to collect my 'free' accessories, using a complementary £50 voucher. Whilst I was there, I had the Skoda Connect activated, since the link-up is free for the first year. What a disappointment on first inspection. Nothing that an Android 'phone can't do and very limited use. I'm not clear how much it would cost after the first year, but unless I delve further and find out more, it seems to be unnecessary. Has anyone else found it useful?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
:smile:Not bothered turning it on lol, could see no use for it.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
The only think I could see a use for is using a wi-fi only tablet/iPad etc.
Or perhaps if using the cars aerial perhaps providing a stronger signal than the phone.
You'll also not need the bit that calls the emergency services as your Nextbase dash cam does that.

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Karoq is a year old at the end of June and I won't be renewing the subscription for Skoda Connect. I used it once in September, to search all the features, but never again. As it needs an Android 'phone to operate and the 'phone can do everything I need anyway, I don't see the point. The latest Skoda Connect Newsletter showed a few gimmicks, such as 'Honk and Flash' to find the car, or 'Doors and Lights' to check the windows and doors are locked, but I doubt I'd use these features. Has anyone discovered any benefits at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts