Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Skoda has sent me a brochure on fixed price servicing.
1 interim service
1 major service
£405 inc vat.
Seems a good deal to me as local indies want over £120
just for an oil change
Any thoughts?

'B'

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Probably good value (for a dealer) if you are on the shorter interval servicing, as on the extended interval all services are the same apart from "extras" such as brake fluid, aircon etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just had my 2013 Yeti into the local indy (Lancs)
Oil + filter service plus it needed 2 front shock absorbers ( Monroewere fitted) , one was weeping badly & good practice to replace in pairs
Total was £190

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
That was a good price, you would never get it for that price down here. What did they used to realign the front wheels?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that was a good price.
Down here (west wales) you would
never get it done cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Seems a good deal to me as local indies want over £120
just for an oil change
Any thoughts?

'B'
I would be looking round for better prices.
I paid much less than that to the local garage last year for oil & filter change and replace front & rear brake pads, i just supplied the pads save his paperwork and ordering.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Wow, that was a good price.
Down here (west wales) you would
never get it done cheaper.
Not sure where you are (mid Wales), but if anywhere near Dyffryn Ardudwy go and see Shaun at Midway Motors for prices.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
Not sure where you are (mid Wales), but if anywhere near Dyffryn Ardudwy go and see Shaun at Midway Motors for prices.
I shall remember that name.
I've just had the NOx sensor replaced and used Forge Motors at Aberaeron and they were a lot cheaper than the main dealers.

One thing I've noticed with the new Forum is that our "Location" is no longer displayed.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
But that isn't as obvious as before.
And I didn't know it did it.

And even worse I've got a Union Flag!!! Why can't I have a Draig Goch?

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
And even worse I've got a Union Flag!!! Why can't I have a Draig Goch?
I would love to hear that pronounced with a Welsh accent. We have a Cornish branch of the family containing several Bards, and it is brilliant hearing them speak in Cornish with their strong Cornish accents.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would love to hear that pronounced with a Welsh accent.
If you put it into Google Translate it will speak it for you. Not sure how good or accurate the accent is though . . . . .

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I would love to hear that pronounced with a Welsh accent. We have a Cornish branch of the family containing several Bards, and it is brilliant hearing them speak in Cornish with their strong Cornish accents.
It is rather funny that as the UK is just over 700 miles long very different accents are within and even the English spoken is difficult to understand sometimes.
As an Englishman who has lived in Wales but only understands some basic Welsh words, i can confirm from Welsh speakers that even words differ between areas. We have a village close to here where they reckon they have a language of there own!

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
And we won't go into the difference in the language between North and South Wales! They even have different words!

We were staying near Portmadog and wanted milk so went into Tescos and looked on the info boards for llaeth and couldn't find any, then noticed the bottles under llefrith.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Not very accurate at all!
Just like Google translate as a whole. The Dutch hate it, as it mangles their language even more than the English do.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Just like Google translate as a whole. The Dutch hate it, as it mangles their language even more than the English do.
According to the Dutch branch of the family, Dutch is so complicated the majority speak English as it is easier.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
According to the Dutch branch of the family, Dutch is so complicated the majority speak English as it is easier.
Every Dutch person I have ever met speaks English better than I do. I've worked with three. Our youngest Cost Centre lived in Utrecht for a while, so we met quite a few Dutch people during regular visits to her. She acquired enough Dutch while there to be able to work evenings in a Dutch speaking cafe. While with her, it was amusing how impressed other Dutch cafe owners were when we clearly conversed with each other in English, then she ordered in fluent Dutch! We regularly used to benefit from free coffee from impressed owners that way, ordering food and such! They were so gob-smacked that an English person had bothered to learn their language. Especially in the North, Holland area.

There is a very interesting little museum housed in an old fort, up on the north coast just west of Den Helder (where the ferries to Texel island leave from). Dedicated to battle when the British tried to invade the Netherlands, but were roundly trounced! Strange that this episode of British history is never mention in our own school history curriculum. ;):rolleyes::sneaky:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts