1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,242 Posts
Interesting! Looks highly like this (newish?) site is owned and run by Fish Brothers, one of the largest motor dealers in the Swindon area, holding manufacturer franchises from several brands:
Font Circle Symbol Rectangle Brand

Setting themselves up perhaps as rivals to other Skoda dealers with online parts direct sales outlets, such as Caffyns or Rainworth.

When I was driving company provided cars as part of my work package, I had a couple of Renaults that were supplied via Fish Bros. Never had any problems with Fish themselves. Quite the opposite in fact. They were more than happy to let a company car chooser poke around potential cars in their showrooms. Unlike some other dealerships I visited before making my choices. Even though the actual sale was then arranged through the lease company, such as PHH/Arval/BNP. As a company car user living some 25-30 miles from Swindon at the time, I tended to use dealers who were closer for servicing, and never bought parts for those cars myself of course. So I can't say what they were like for those aspects, from personal experience. But no reason to doubt they would be anything but good.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just out of interest, tried searching their site for a haldex 4 filter, none listed.

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Premium Member
7,242 Posts
Just out of interest, tried searching their site for a haldex 4 filter, none listed.
No surprise there then from a franchised Skoda dealer? :ROFLMAO:

They have very little actually pre-listed at the moment. Mostly "Accessories". For example under "Body and Trims" they have just a single item - the floor mat securing studs. The only item under "Electrical / Lighting" being a cigarette lighter. Perhaps that will change as they get chance to populate the site a little more? (Caffyns tend to have more listed, but their site is more mature. Skoda Yeti Parts & Accessories Archives - Caffyns Seat & Skoda ) Fish Bros (if that's who they are?) do however appear to have a "parts enquiry" option on every page:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Presumably, if you identify the part you require and submit that as an enquiry, they will come back to you with a price? Or not, for a Haldex IV filter that is claimed does not exist?

It might be interesting if someone tested that theory? Hang on! I know the registration of a 4x4 Yeti that I looked at as a potential purchase a few months ago....
Which generation of Haldex would a 63-plate Yeti be fitted with?

Edit: Just had a reply back to my enquiry for the price of a "Haldex oil filter (or filter screen)" for a 63-plate 4x4 Yeti (I supplied the full registration with the enquiry.)
Response: " Your car does not have one fitted."
Remains then, that Yeti 4x4 owners would be better off going to https://www.haldexrepairs.co.uk/ for Haldex parts?

The reply also confirmed the site that Colin referenced in #1 is 100% definitely operated by Fish Brothers of Swindon. Although there is also confirmation of that, hidden in the "About us" section of the site itself. https://skodapartsdirect.co.uk/about-us/

·
Administrator
16,183 Posts
Setting themselves up perhaps as rivals to other Skoda dealers with online parts direct sales outlets, such as Caffyns or Rainworth.
Several years ago I approached Rainworth and the owners of the forum to see if we could arrange some kind of benefit for forum members. Rainworth actually joined the forum, but the owners were decidedly unenthusiastic and nothing became of it.

·
Premium Member
7,242 Posts
Several years ago I approached Rainworth and the owners of the forum to see if we could arrange some kind of benefit for forum members. Rainworth actually joined the forum, but the owners were decidedly unenthusiastic and nothing became of it.
Had exactly the same experience when I was treasurer of the Ford 'RS Owners Club'. Rather than an online forum, that was a real club with MSA accreditation to organise live events, etc. The owners were its members. The club's office holders organised a discount arrangement with a prominent FoMoCo parts outlet. But uptake was minimal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I made an enquiry to this website the other day about a set of alloy pedals for my "K" as fitted to the sportline models, apparently they don't exist as a spare ?!?! I sent a reply back asking if that's the case & I owned a sportline with a damaged pedal rubber I can't replace it, is that the case ? To date I've had no reply. Cheers magic

·
Registered
183 Posts
I made an enquiry to this website the other day about a set of alloy pedals for my "K" as fitted to the sportline models, apparently they don't exist as a spare ?!?! I sent a reply back asking if that's the case & I owned a sportline with a damaged pedal rubber I can't replace it, is that the case ? To date I've had no reply. Cheers magic
Hi peeps, just to let you know about my enquiry, apparently the pedal rubbers fitted to a normal "K" and a sportline "K" are slightly different ?! This means that they can't be supplied as an option for a different model, they would let me buy them but at my own risk so if I couldn't get them on they wouldn't take them back or refund my money !!?? Cheers magic

Reactions: Robjon
1 - 10 of 10 Posts