Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after just reading the good news that Skoda will be making a new SUV and a yeti 11 I am left a little flat, although using the chassis of the Volkswagon Tiguan seems a really good ides the name that seems to be floating around is not so welcoming. Something tells me that there is definitely something lost in translation if the company are serious about calling it, the "snowman" yea that's what I read. If they want to keep the abominable snowman theme going why not try BIGFOOT I'm sure I'd be more comfortable owning a bigfoot over a Snowman. It's not the start of April is it?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I was hoping they might use the Tiguan platform for the new SUV. I have to agree about the name though. Maybe "Snowman" sounds macho in the Czech language, but it sure loses something when translated into English, especially in the hotter parts of the world. I hope they don't make the same naming mistake that "Mr Bishi" made with the Pajero.
+1 for the "Bigfoot" name.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
260 Posts
One of the few reasons we did not buy a Tiguan, is because I don't like the name Tiguan. True, and I don't regret the decision.
What works for some people, won't work for others.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
They could call my F/La Skoda Porcupine if they really want to, I just want to take delivery of mine!
Sounds like I'm getting a bit prickely even if the car isn't.
Oooooow - I feel better after getting that off my chest!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hi, I remember when the Yeti was launched, loads of people laughed at the name.A good marketing ploy can be to use a strange name so people talk about it and you remember it.
Get the vehicle right and people will buy it.
Look at Clarkson on Top Gear, I'm sure he was hoping for a flop with the Yeti. Ha Ha, he was wrong.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
If they just put an extra twelve to eighteen inches between the back seats and the wheel arches of the "Classic"I'll take one (or two).

·
Registered
73 Posts
looks like a dodgy caliber.

a long wheelbase yeti would have been a better idea.

brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts