Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All Fancying a new elegance 170 with a few extras including panoramic sunroof. Skoda Store are offering me a saving of £2000. Has anyone on here used them? They say all they do is put you in touch with the dealer offering the best price,and it's the dealer you deal with. Sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's probably fine. I've just ordered through carfile who do the same thing.Local dealers couldnt get anywhere near the cost to change price that the carfile appointed dealer could.
It means a longer journey to collect new vehicle but worth it for the saving.

·
Administrator
4,438 Posts
You'll find The Hood bought his Yeti from Skodastore and speaks well of them. They are a an arm of main dealership based in Mansfield and Chesterfield and provide free delivery (on a trailer) to your home address.
I ordered mine from a broker who in turn had ordered the Yeti through the same dealership. The broker went bust but as the car was already delivered to the dealer they honoured the deal so I would add to The Hoods recommendation of them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get a quote from Skodastore for the exact spec you want and then take it round to your local dealer. Ask him if he can match it. You could be surprised and you could save thousands. I was and I did.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What other extras are you after? You may get a better deal with theLaurin & Klement trim level as you may not need to add any options?

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
As Snowgood said mine came from Skodastore who are really Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield. They will deliver free of charge on a trailer but I went up and collected mine. Jeremy the sales manager was very good indeed. They also have website where you can track the progress of your car whilst it is on order but as it is manually updated it stutters a bit. They are also £80 cheaper on my first service, so I will probably have a midweek break in the area subsidised by the lower service cost making use of their courtesy car.

They also discount any extras that you order at the same time. Don't forget if you want a spare wheel it is much cheaper when ordered with the car, and if you want the five year warranty you need to arrange that at the same time Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
39 Posts
Carfile use Rainworth too then because that's where I'm getting mine from. No free delivery where I live (500 miles away) so I will drive down with my part ex to collect.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
WeeYeti said:
Carfile use Rainworth too then because that's where I'm getting mine from. No free delivery where I live (500 miles away) so I will drive down with my part ex to collect.
I am surprised you are not being offered free delivery, it was nationwide last January, and they did not know where I lived either,
(about 150 miles away)not as far as you but the offer was Nationwide. Maybe it would be worth giving Jeremy a call.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No free delivery to me in Aberdeenshire either. Placing the order on Monday,for a June est delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes part exchanging 2009 Astra SRI.I have family in Newcastle,so i'll ask if they deliver there. Thanks guys for all your replies. Very helpful.
cheers bernie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HI All
Just placed my order for a Met BlackLauren & Klement 2.0 TDI CR 170PS 4X4 DPF (what a mouthful) with Rainworth via Carfile. Est 12 weeks build time. Just in time for summer. Can't wait.

cheers bernie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carfile introduced me to Rainworth. Their standard of customer service was excellent (thanks Steve). Our local dealer's best price was list. Carfile were quick to respond and without their introduction, I would have been buying used rather than new. Chuffed to bits with our 1.2 Yeti. Great engine, slick gearbox and entertaining on the local b roads!

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
If you are buying from Rainworth don't forget their track my Skoda facility. It's not the best in the world as it is updated manually by Rainworth, but if you get you order/SLI number from them you will get some idea of what is going on. My build date went backwards and forwards but it passed the time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts