Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti Elegance 2010 2.0L 4X4 DSG Diesel
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Thanks for the add. Keen to learn more as I refurb the Yeti.
Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome 👋

What work do you plan to do for the refurb ?
Hi, well completed so far:
Haldex service including filter and oil change,
DSG oil change
Engine oil and filter
All belts
New battery
Water pump
Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter
New plates
Headlining cleaned plus carpets foamed
Replacement heated windscreen
Replacement rear Skoda badge
4 Cross climate tyres
Track and balance all round
All discs and pads
Front and rear wipers
Think diesel voice device
Light scratch removal
Rubber mats
Steering wheel cover
Leather cleaned and creamed
Missing wheel nut covers
Mud flaps all round
Nextbase dash cam
MOT'd

Think that's where I am at for the moment. Came back from belts and rewarded by blowing n/s positioning light...sigh.
Still have an issue with rev counter illumination to fix as only needle illuminates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were you driving after dusk without lights as it's the Yeti's way of telling you to put lights on.
That's interesting. I think I was on auto lights switch position but will check that out thank you. The Speedometer was fully illuminated though.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
The Speedometer was fully illuminated though
In that case looks like a problem with the rev counter illumination, there are places that repair instrument clusters.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi, well so far:
Haldex service including filter and oil change,
DSG oil change
Engine oil and filter
All belts
New battery
Water pump
Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter
New plates
Headlining cleaned plus carpets foamed
Replacement heated windscreen
Replacement rear Skoda badge
4 Cross climate tyres
Track and balance all round
All discs and pads
Front and rear wipers
Think diesel voice device
Light scratch removal
Rubber mats
Steering wheel cover
Leather cleaned and creamed
Missing wheel nut covers
Mud flaps all round
Nextbase dash cam
MOT'd

Think that's where I am at for the moment. Came back from belts and rewarded by blowing n/s positioning light...sigh.
Still have an issue with rev counter illumination to fix as only needle illuminates.
That's a long list of jobs, I hope you picked it up cheap as the screen on it's own will be a big bill for a heated one.
I assume "diesel voice device" is removing the diesel fix.
Changing the rear disks may be the worst job, as the calliper carriers need to come off to remove the disk, and that's not an easy job.

That said, I wish you luck, it's good to have someone willing to do so much work, and you'll get plenty of advice on here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In that case looks like a problem with the rev counter illumination, there are places that repair instrument clusters.
Yep I guess so. I watched a UTube video of how to remove dial console and seems pretty simple. From googling aroundc about £120 for repair. But no rush as speedo ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a long list of jobs, I hope you picked it up cheap as the screen on it's own will be a big bill for a heated one.
I assume "diesel voice device" is removing the diesel fix.
Changing the rear disks may be the worst job, as the calliper carriers need to come off to remove the disk, and that's not an easy job.

That said, I wish you luck, it's good to have someone willing to do so much work, and you'll get plenty of advice on here.
Hi again, well it's worth it all as classic is a great vehicle and this makes it safe and as bullet proof as possible. Not so cheap to be honest. Prices are crazy at moment especially for DSG. The screen was £475 with vat but previous owner had put wrong non heated screen in. Also bond broken letting in water. Missed that .. sigh. Disks and pads all done . Tyres from ATS with a free karcher! The diesel voice is an ebay device that fits in fuel lid. When you open flap it shouts at you to remember to "think diesel". Only a bit less than £4. Previous vehicle was petrol.
Check out THINK DIESEL - Audible Fuel Warning Device -stop putting Petrol in Diesel cars on eBay!
Not got around to reading up on the diesel fix but I will.

Reactions: Mark2LTDI

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Were you driving after dusk without lights as it's the Yeti's way of telling you to put lights on.
Just tried rev counter ilumination again after dark but same. Interestingly the bulb failure didn't come on to identify the n/s positioning bulb failure...it was lit up!! So seems loose or sagging element . Check in daylight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts