Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow yeti owners,

I have a Skoda yeti 2.0 TDI SE,and last night I had an issue when the drive belt slipped and caused me to call out Skoda assist.
They took the car away last night and it was delivered to Alex Lawrie Skoda today.
They have since rang me to say that the drive belt has come off due to a leak on the fuel filter, However I have had it serviced in November and have not seen any issue.
I contacted my garage where I had the service done and they rang Alex lawrie. During the conversation te mechanic claimed that when fitting a fuel filter to the Yeti they always take it for a test drive to ensure that the fuel isn't leaking.
My mechanic questioned this and I was wondering if anybody else knows of this being performed.
Needless to say I am in dispute with them as I dont think it is my fault

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
My dealer always road tests after a service. I think they are required to by SUK.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi, Re-mechanic road testing. I believe that is standard practice everywhere.I expect my car to be checked if work is carried out on it, and that does involve a road test.
And that is not just Skoda's.

If your fuel filter started leaking within months of being serviced, I would question if the seal was damaged when filter replaced. Ask to see the seal/washer from filter. Plus was the filterthe correct make and part for your car.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
deletedEdited by: wakev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts