Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi saw this Di cast model on Ebayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Yeti-Sandi-Shanghai-VW-SUV-1-18-model-car-white-free-shipping-/301084432552?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item461a07d8a8

·
Administrator
5,143 Posts
Thank you, that answers the question some of us had about the Chinese version and the spare wheel on the back. Not fixed to the boot lid at all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So where do we get one from, the wheel carrier, not the model silly

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi, as I posted before, the Chinese have the spare wheel on the rear hatch as an optional if not in the boot.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Derek, have your Russian contacts got any?

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Not that I have seen, if you really wanted one perhaps contacting a Chinese dealer would produce something. That said it would probably be very expensive to fit as the area it is fitted to would almost certainly need re-enforcing. Now that would be a bit different ordering and importing it from China.......

親愛的主席先ç”,我想ç¥é�“是å�¦æ‰å�¯èƒ½å¾žæ‚¨è³¼è²·æ–¯æ¯é�”雪人後輪載體,如æžä½ èƒ½çµ¦æˆ‘çš„é …ç›®å'Œé�‹è¼¸æˆ�æ¬çš„ä¸äº›æƒ³æ³•ã‚æ­è‡´Å¦å…帽

·
Registered
394 Posts
Its a FL model too, perhaps they come with something under the bumper that it bolts to? Unlikely though, as it would affect the crumple zones if they have 'em in China.
Don't think I'll rush into it!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It's a swing away spare wheel carrier. They bolt to the bumper mounts. A popular item in Australian 4wd circles especially amongst Toyota Landcruiser and Nissan Patrol owners. Quality made ones can carry jerry cans as well. I wouldn't trust the Chinese product to be designed or engineered properly.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yep, we have similar here but they do need to be mounted rigidly. Interesting point about it being a Chinese product - are the variations to the standard Yeti designed and engineered in China I wonder?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts