Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There appears to be a significant design flaw in the Skoda Yeti sunroofs. Skoda appear to have ignored this problem. I suspect that there are enough defective vehicles out there to provide sufficient evidence to institute a class action against Skoda. I would be grateful for information from anyone who has had problems witth leaking sunroofs on Skoda Yetis.

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts
Not just Yetis. Nor Skoda. From accounts in Audi and VW owner forums, almost any model in the VAG empire that is fitted with a sunroof will encounter problems in perhaps 10-40% of cases, at some point or points in its life?? (Pure guesswork on the Numbers, on my part). Remembering that owners tend to only report on forums if/when they have a problem. The majority who have no problems have nothing to report. Therefore difficult to get representative numbers. Quite apart from the issue of “talking down residual values”, that is in no-one’s interests.

Good Luck with trying to bring a class action against VW though. You’ll need it. Along with very deep pockets. With a global corporate economy that is greater than the GDP of many entire national economies outside of the G12 nations, VW can afford some very strong legal defence teams. Those teams have become very experienced in all the tricks of their defence tactics. Witness the fact that the class action for the NOx test “Defeat Devices” is still not concluded in the UK. Nearly 6-7 years on from its initial discovery. That being despite the fact that it’s presence was originally acknowledged by the VW Supervisory Board, who’s chairman, Martin Winterkorn resigned over it. Plus the fact that similar actions in the US, Germany and Australia, have already concluded, in favour of the plaintiffs. The UK action still does not have the end game in sight. VW’s lawyers having again appealed the earlier decision that a Defeat Device existed at all, in the first place.

I shan’t be joining any action about sun roofs. Our Yeti does not have one, therefore ineligible.
Last car I had with a sunroof was a Renault Grand Scenic, 10 years ago.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
There appears to be a significant design flaw in the Skoda Yeti sunroofs. Skoda appear to have ignored this problem. I suspect that there are enough defective vehicles out there to provide sufficient evidence to institute a class action against Skoda. I would be grateful for information from anyone who has had problems witth leaking sunroofs on Skoda Yetis.
Now cite exactly what legislation you are going to take this "class action" under?

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
My Yeti, is just 4 years old (66 plate). While still under warranty, sunroof leaking, took it back to main dealer, apparently sorted. Now the problem is back. At the time of the repair I was told it was a seal and it had been repaired and sorted, but I have a major problem with it. I took it to another garage, who said that Skoda had released a technical info sheet? TPI 2051590/2 which confirms I need a new sunroof frame. The cost for the part alone is over £2k. Apparently Skoda have about 80 of them sitting on the shelves, so know it's a problem. I just don't know what to do. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts