Yeti Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Here in sunny Western Australia there is no longer any form of Tax disc, which was commonly known as a registration sticker here. The W.A. police are computerised, so a simple input of registration number into their onboard computer tells them ALL about the vehicle and its owner.

The wonderful world of modern technology, saving us from having to buy tax disc holders!

Now this makes me wonder how much is spent each yearon tax disc holderin the U.K. and where are these holders made?China maybe, thusproviding U.K. residents with another opportunity to prop up the Chinese economy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi its £10 for the tax disc holder, chuck in £2 extra for postage, & i can post it up to youthis cost me £20 last mth to buy, sadly the yeti i got just didnt work out, so handed it back,

·
Registered
191 Posts
no tax disc to put in it

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Banjo
No tax discs as such in U.K. either, for the last two years. Same reason as Oz. All your details, tax, insurance, and MoT (annual safety check) can be looked up online now. So no need for a paper proof of tax status. With ultra low and zero emissions cars having a zero tax rate too, it was becoming more expensive for the authorities to issue a disc to them, than they received in revenue.

Many people though still use the holders for other other stuff. E.g. many works or office car parks and the like, use proof of rights to use the location in the form of a paper disc that fits the once ubiquitous tax disk holder.

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
Oops - just spotted Banjo's post was almost four years old now?
Does anyone know how or why this thread got resurrected?

·
Premium Member
5,331 Posts
Flintstone said:
Oops - just spotted Banjo's post was almost four years old now?
Does anyone know how or why this thread got resurrected?

Because Wurly replied to the thread Henry, and perhaps didn't see the date of the posting?

·
Administrator
5,138 Posts
As it's in the For Sale and Wanted section and probably redundant now I've locked the topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.