Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From auto express;

Skoda has revealed a UK-only limited-edition model of its Yeti crossover. The Yeti Urban is targeted at younger customers and gets £2,450 worth of extras, but doesn't cost any more than the SE model it's based on.

The Yeti has been a runaway success in the UK, with more than 8,800 registered since it launched in 2009 ""“ and waiting lists are still at three to six months. The Urban adds a DAB radio, sat-nav, Bluetooth and a multifunction steering wheel.

It also features a set of 17-inch black and chrome ""˜Matterhorn' alloys, chrome rubbing strips, silver door mirrors and a pair of roof stripes ""“ not visible in the two images issued by Skoda.

Plus there are tinted rear windows, a choice of red or black trim on the sports seats and four paint colours ""“ Black Magic pearl effect, Candy White, metallic Brilliant Silver and metallic Steel Grey.

The Urban is available with two-wheel drive and a manual gearbox only, and with a choice of two engines ""“ a 104bhp 1.2 TSI and a 108bhp 2.0 TDI. The petrol option offers fuel economy and CO2 emissions of 44.1mpg and 149g/km; the diesel returns 52.3mpg and 140g/km.

Options available include stainless steel pedals, a sports exhaust trim and a DVD player with two nine-inch screens in the back.

The Urban is on sale next week, with a production run limited to just 750 examples, costing £16,900 for the 1.2 TSI and £18,330 for the 2.0 TDI.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/280948/skoda_yeti_urban.html

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
my dealer has one parked on the forecourt looks good, candy white don't know if its a 1.2 or 2.0tdi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only extras was the car mats thats all i could prise out of salesman.

traded in for a 2009 honda frv which i didnt like.
When you shut the door it sounds like a golf

I am going to take it to spain in the summer 4000 mile round trip 4 passengers and a roof box.
that wont be a problem for the 2 ltr tdi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just ordered a 2.0 TDI 110 CR in Black Magic Pearl for delivery on 1st September.Personally I don't see the Urban as being restricted to the younger market in terms of attraction. I am 58 and have been considering a Yeti 2.0 TDI 110 CR SE for some time, but, I have to say the prospect of £2400+ of extras over and above the SE specification for the same price was a bit of a clincher for me. Now I can't wait for September to come.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good stuff, yetihamer ! your only as young as you feel ! and the urban will make you feel even younger with the amount of fun you'll have not to mention a big grin on your face,I've had my 2lt black magic with red interior Urban for about 3 weeks now, reckon i must have got one of the first in the country and i love it. i got the dealer to throw in the custom material mats then i bought the mud flap and rubber mat package for £118 fitted, good investment i think and the flaps finish off the wheel arches nice as well as being practical,

·
Registered
828 Posts
We took delivery of our 4x4 TDI 140 Elegance last October. About a month later to drove to wifes aunt's on the Costa Del Sol. Only the two of us, but with a folded rear seat sized bootful of 'stuff'. It was an extremely comfortable drive, we did a little over 3,500 miles at an average of ( as far as I remember ) 48 - 49 mpg. Not bad for a new engine I thought. We only saw two other Yeti's the whole trip, one a bright red spanish reg. in the Sierra Nevada mountains, the second, a Candy White french reg. that followed us in convoy for many miles, or kilometers, as it was France. The climate control kept us comfortable in hot sunshine and the extra ride height kept us from drowning in torrential rain and floods.

You will we are sure, have a brilliant trip!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my Urban 2.0l diesel in Candy White this morning. First car I have had which does technology in a big way. Fantastic. User manual was a bit daunting but once you actually start using the stuff it's pretty intuitive. Love the DAB. SatNav is accurate but woman's voice is a bit quirky. Bluetooth is great - I can even play iTunes or TuneIn radio apps through it on my iPhone! I've just bought a Sandisk 32GB SD HD to plonk my iTunes library onto - didn't know the music system was that capable. Was surprised (and overjoyed) to find cruise control too - no mention of it in much of the sales literature - makes those bleeping 50mph average speed camera motorway sections bearable (just).

Anyway, a few gratuitious pictures should be attached to this post to keep prospective buyers happy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had my white Urban diesel 2 weeks (only 1 week wait). I am 60 and like previous members love the extras. Wanted a white petrol but could not find one readily available so settled on the Diesel. No p/ex but could only manage to "chip" the dealer £400 (Wayside - now Jardines, Milton Keynes). Absolutely delighted with car - almost too perfect. Was reading previously on this forum, that someone managed to get one (an Urban) with £1600 discount from a main Skoda dealer. £2450 added extras, £110 cheaper than an SE and only 750 for UK - I doubt it, when brokers are only quoting a saving of only £800.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like everyone who has an Urban is pleased with the purchase, as I am... Have had Betty, for 4 weeks now, (Bright Silver Diesel Urban) and very pleased...

Wonder if anyone can answer a simple question, The Amundsen unit fitted to the urban, has a TMC button which I think should give Traffic reports, every time I push it it says its checking, but always comes back with a "No reports" message... Does it only check for reports when you are actually following a route on its satnav, and there is a traffic report on that route? I have used a Columbia unit on a Superb, and that always gave up to date national traffic reports, regardless of whether it was following a route or not...

If anyone has any ideas, would be very interested to hear from you....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, I think I may have a fault on mine then, living just outside Manchester, its just not possible there are never any reports available... wonder if I need to have FM selected on the radio channel... I always have DAB selected.... might give that a try..

Thanks for the very quick reply, very much appreciated...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts