Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried sleeping in the back of a Yeti?

Is it easy to remove the 3 back seats to create more sleeping space and would that be enough to accommodate 2 slimmish adults, the tallest being me at 6ft.?

Also, I am considering having a temporary false floor which would be used for storage and security of camping gear. Wooden planks would rest on sturdy, lidded boxes (great for storage and security of small items) and topped with a mattress.

Allowing for a total depth of boxes, floor and mattress of 340mm, how much headroom would this actually provide?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

wantone

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Removing the back seats is easy, just use the seat back adjustment tobring it completely forward, then tip the seat forward and there are two clips that release the seat. All three can be removed within five minutes, but they are not particularly light. Some one else may be able to help with the rest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
have you considered a CARANEX. This is a tent which fits over the rear door of the Yeti and gives you an innersleeping compartment. They are made in Scotland UK but I am sure can be sent all over the world.I had one for my Terrano and I can recommend it. Packs easily away but gives you lots of shelter when on site. It can be left on site when you wish to use the Yeti for sightseeing.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I don't think you'll get 6' of sleeping length taking the rear seats out, even using a false floor arrangement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
LUMP IN DASH.. HEY BOYS AND GIRLS- Has any notices a unusual deformation
on the left side of dash. Just above the glove box
.Maybe to do with Air bag? Also when using fog lamps do both side work or just one.And thirdly Betty the Yeti and I are not getting on regarding static electricity.Has anybody else have
this problem.
TODAY'S TEMP.24c

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
1/ Lump will be the air bag.
2/ Only one side lights.
3/ Not a problem in the UK; it's too wet!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry....am I missing something here, or misunderstanding what has been asked/written? The Yeti has fog lights... two of them. Are you seriously suggesting that only one works? Or are we talking about rear fog/s?

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Only one rear foglight works (offside), if you have frontcornering foglights activated, one will light as you corner. If you are using the front foglights as foglights, both light up.
With the rear foglight, both sides have bulbs, reflectors etc, but the loom differs. The offside has six strands and contacts, the nearside has five.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well, well; what a strange place the Yeti world is! Inhabited by cars built with two rear fog lights, both with bulbs and reflectors, but one of them missing a single wire so it can never work...what kind of logic is that? Seriously though, the systems seem to be a lot more complicated than I've encountered before... must be getting old...AM getting old. This waiting for my new Yeti is getting frustrating, reading the threads with nothing to "earth them" with. Still another six weeks to wait.....

·
Registered
786 Posts
Can I suggest that if someone has a different question to the thread title they start a new tread! Sorry to sound like a moaner, but if it will benefit everyone it should have its own thread.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great site and has lots of knowledgeable people contributing on it as well as some great wit and banter and I enjoy reading the posts. It just makes more sense and a better forum if a new question has a new post.

Thanks, Stephen

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hey Pug, please don't take offence - it's not directed at anyone. There are two
good topics in this thread and I just though it makes more sense to split them
out. When people are looking for the answer to a question, if the posts relate
to the thread title it makes it easy to find the answer.

Again, sorry if I caused offence...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts