Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent £150 having smartlink activated because I wanted to use mirroring to cast the screen of my galaxy s10plus to the head unit screen.

However Mirrorlink will not work, won't connect. My phone acts as though it's not compatib lucky e even though it should be- when I search my phone I can see mirrorlink1.1 but can't click on it. My husbands phone just gets stuck in a loop downloading some sort of certificate it says it needs to connect.Leaving me with only android auto which frankly is a waste of time as it stops you being able to do other things.

Can anyone help? Is there a way to get mirrorlink working? If not, is there another way to mirror my screen. Want to be able to watch movies when camping. Also is there a way of using android autowirelessly ?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Meji and welcome to this forum. I personally can't answer your problem, but rest assured another member in the know will be along soon.
It helps us to know more about your Yeti to answer questions accurately.
So please tell us model, petrol/diesel, year, location and if you put this in your "signature" it will appear with all your posts. Meanwhile, keep safe.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Meji, have you tried mobile hotspot from settings- connections? I have the same phone and it works wirelessly on my android radio, maybe other units too? Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi both :) its a yeti outdoor petrol 2017 . @onlyme I'm not sure what you mean ? I have no issue connecting via Bluetooth for calls and music. But im talking about smartlink/ Mirrorlink which is supposed to work through usb

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi both :) its a yeti outdoor petrol 2017 . @onlyme I'm not sure what you mean ? I have no issue connecting via Bluetooth for calls and music. But im talking about smartlink/ Mirrorlink which is supposed to work through usb
I had the same problem as you so I settled on a workaround with hotspot enabled on the phone which works for me. Another thought is the usb cable, some work better than others

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Mirrorlink was used for about 6 months before Smartlink took over.
I thought they were 2 different things with Smartlink doing mush more.
What year is your Yeti?

·
Registered
3 Posts
@onlyme I'm not sure what u mean by hotspot, sounds like you are taking about bluetooth? We had that all up and running no probs before paying 150 quid for smartlink activation.

@Urrell as far as I can tell its more that Smartlink is the gateway to Mirrorlink AND AndroidAuto AND Apple's equivalent. You need smartlink activated in order to access any of them.

Thats why we had it activated - we wanted to use mirrorlink to mirror phone screen on the car's screen.

Yeti is 2017 outdoor model

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Urrell, she has said 2017

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
If this was activated by a dealer, which I assume it would have to be, can't you go back and ask for some support? Either that or a refund if it cannot be made to work. I think I'd like to see it working before coughing up 150 beer tokens. 🙂

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
They have only had one post here, where does it say 2017 in that?
The post was started by this person (OP).

In post No4 a 2017 Yeti was mentioned by this person, which caused the confusion.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I got the impression that Meji and Milomolly might be the same person!
And it is post #4 that causes the confusion.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I got the impression that Meji and Milomolly might be the same person!
And it is post #4 that causes the confusion.
That's what Derek said!!

·
Administrator
5,506 Posts
Doesn't help having two accounts, especially where the email and IP address differs for each.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Doesn't help having two accounts, especially where the email and IP address differs for each.
Perhaps she could come back and confirm or deny the duplication

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd be interested to know why you think Android Auto is a waste of time and what it stops you doing. I use it all the time, and can use maps, Spotify/ BBC sounds at the same time, plus make/ receive calls.
What do you want mirror link to do other than the above?

·
Administrator
5,506 Posts
They have said they are trying to use Mirrorlink to watch movies whilst camping, so not a function of Android Auto. The complaint seems to be focused only on Mirrorlink functionality.

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
What do you want mirror link to do other than the above?
The answer is below

If not, is there another way to mirror my screen. Want to be able to watch movies when camping.
The screen is very small and cannot be moved, I would have thought using the mobile as a hotspot for a tablet would be better (assuming there is a signal)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts