Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first week of Yetidom has now passed with a run out to the Cotswolds (The wife thinks it was for our wedding anniversary, but don't tell her) for a couple of days. It's confirmed what a brilliant car it is and how exclusive a group we are and that brings me to the point. Whilst away I saw 5 yeti. I must google thegroup name, Pack, School orRarity perhaps
. Eye contact with all 5 drivers,a big beaming happy smile and nod to each which was met by------well nothing. I checked the interior mirror and there I was so I'm not invisible, nor was it a smile of a crazed serial killer. Yes I understand the 2 women may have legitimate cause to ignore me but 3 males of varying age?

So if you saw an insanely happy male grinning at you from a Petrol Blue Greenline that was me. Was I just unlucky or should I join the rest of the miserable cage dwellers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are a lot of Yeti's in Northumberland now, 4 others on my estate alone, but I still give and get a big smile and wave from 90% of the people out there. My wife had a similar experience when she had a Fiat 500, they are cars that generally create goodwill amongst fellow owners. I think you must have been unlucky with your batch, that or you will have to move north

If I ever do get a blank I tend to wave even more violently to emphasise their lack of friendliness. It makes me feel better if nothing else.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I've seen a couple round my way but for some reason they do not seem to register until they are quite close (perhaps I'm not expecting to see one), it's normally the DRL's that catch my eye. As with XratIv'e waived and even flashed a coupke of times but with no response.

I must go outside a "flash" the garage door, perhaps the HIDS do not get bright quicklyenough to notice

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't need to park but I just happened to see a likely space so thought 'Why not'. What fun. I'm still grinning. I want an audience next time. . I may be come a 'Parkassist junkie' just driving around looking for my next fix.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I've done the same a couple of times in a car park, plenty of "normal" spaces but further away a row of parallel cars with a gap. SWMBO does not like it.
Another amusing pass time is watching pedestrians go past with the bumper sensors swtched on.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think thats called "Yeti Fever" and it's catching. I had a minor infection the other day in the Asda CP, couldn't resist will all those peds about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Used to happen with motorcylists as well. There was a time when we all would wave at each other, this kind of evolved into a nod and then went all continental with a leg wave (don't ask me why!). Nowadays nothing -esp in the SE (I wouldn't, obviously, expect it inLondon commuting to work).
Up North seems a lot more friendly, but there again when I'm in Durham people talk to me in the most obscure places about a range of diverse subjects - perhaps its me - they may consider I look a bit special!

Will give the waving/smiling head lamp flash thing a go when my car is delivered - hopefully this week!

·
Registered
290 Posts
charlieian said:
Will give the waving/smiling head lamp flash thing a go when my car is delivered - hopefully this week!
If you flash and wave at a white greenline and get no response, it'll be me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, we live in Cambridge and so far weve spotted 5 other Yeti's 2 White ones a Blue one and a Vindaloo one, and it seems they are driven by old farts and look at you verystrangely when you wave. Have to try my 3rd finger next time.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I have also had no response to waving and flashing so I had wondered if the Xenons did not have enough time to brighten up when flashed. I just went outside for a quick "flash" to find outand they were instantly bright so bang goes that theory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I remember way back when I got my first VW Beetle we used to give a V sign to other Beetle drivers when we passed. Don't suppose that would be politically correct these days.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The issue is that the Yeti is not really aimed at, or bought by, car enthusiasts in general.
Look at the number of Yeti people on forums compared to how many they have sold.

Buy something a bit more unusual like a Subaru WRX, a Nissan GT-R or the like and you pretty much always get a response from fellow drivers. A large percentage of those are owned by enthusiasts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Red 2.0ltr TDI CR is now 160bhp thanks to Remap Science, K&N Filters and looking at a Milltek exhaust, goes like sh*t of a hot shovel, who needs a 4x4!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Remap companies do either
1. Remapping the OEM chip which sets the diesel timing and amount of diesel injected.
2. Adding a chip box to the engine management circuit to do the same. (easy to remove when it goes in for service whilst under warranty).
K&N filters are the best air filters available, and are washable and allow max air flow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Remap Science are in Bradford and have national engineers, due to VAG removing a wire into Skoda's from May 2010 you have to have the ECU removed and remapped, lots of power, lots of torque and better fuel economy, thats the bit I dont get, but it works. I paid £250.00 and now have a 160bhp front wheel drive Yeti that shifts.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had one of my previous cars done, but they installed the addon box with an extra circuit and a control switch under the dash to set different levels or turn off. I must admit I only used level3 once as I found the car wheel spinning in 3rd coming out of roundabouts.
Great if you want the extra power, and are not worried about the price of fuel, as it takes a long long time to recoop the costs as far as fuel saving are concerned.
They also put a sticker on the air box instructing servicing engineers not to remove as fitted with K&N filter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts