Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
I bought that one but had to buy a more powerful pressure washer to make it work.
I also bought some snow foam from a company in Maidenhead http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/the stuff dissolved the bottle it was in, and ended up all over the garage floor. Because of that I cannot recommend their version of snowfoam although they do stock some othergoodies.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Never used (or even seen) this snow foam stuff before! Landy didn't get washed very often....
So, can anyone tell me what the difference between the blue and the yellow concentrate is? The write up seems the same apart from the smell, that can't be it, can it?
Cheers, H.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of them are similar too each other and yes often is the smell LOL. Theory is you jet wash car with plain water to remove crud. Attach foam lance and once applied leave to work for 5 to 10 minutes. It softens and in most cases drips the dirt off. It isnt a substitute for a quality shampoo but does remove a lot of the gritty stuff that would get swirled around the paintwork. Wash car off and towell dry as normal.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I've always been a bit dubious of using pressure washers on cars. We have a long handled rotary brush that fits on a hose (water pressure turns the head) that takes theshampoo. Always give the car a good soaking first and must admit I hadn't noticed any scratches after washing.
Cheers, H.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you mean about a pressure washer but as long as you dont get too near the paintwork and keep the jet moving I cannot see any issues.

Our local handwash (three of them) are all charging £20 for a wash (jet and hand), windows cleaned inside and out plus inside hoover and clean and wheels blacked for a 4X4. Frankly as a two car family (1 X Yeti) tonight, it seemed a no brainer to invest in some quality washing kit. Amazon £79.99 for a wheeled power washer with patio attachment, £54-00 for an Autobrite foam lance, 5.5 litres of snow foam, connector to Nilfisk PW and dispenser pump for 5 litre container, massive dring microfibre towell (£20-00) + a quality marino wash mit (£20-00). OK sounds stupid at £180 odd squid but money back in less than 3 months of washing two cars at the local handwash plus I get some excercise. PS I will also do a better job and get that strange feeling of satisfaction that us blokes get when we look at our shiny toys LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
grimrecruiter said:
I know what you mean about a pressure washer but as long as you dont get too near the paintwork and keep the jet moving I cannot see any issues.

Our local handwash (three of them) are all charging £20 for a wash (jet and hand), windows cleaned inside and out plus inside hoover and clean and wheels blacked for a 4X4. Frankly as a two car family (1 X Yeti) tonight, it seemed a no brainer to invest in some quality washing kit. Amazon £79.99 for a wheeled power washer with patio attachment, £54-00 for an Autobrite foam lance, 5.5 litres of snow foam, connector to Nilfisk PW and dispenser pump for 5 litre container, massive dring microfibre towell (£20-00) + a quality marino wash mit (£20-00). OK sounds stupid at £180 odd squid but money back in less than 3 months of washing two cars at the local handwash plus I get some excercise. PS I will also do a better job and get that strange feeling of satisfaction that us blokes get when we look at our shiny toys LOL.

My local hand wash only charge £14 for the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts