Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope all the members are enjoying the snow I certainly am in Norfolk finding the beast is sure footed on the white stuff makes driving a pleasure

·
Registered
37 Posts
Again the Yeti triumphed over adversity. Admittedly we did not venture out on the Friday when it snowed all day but yesterday our "trip to the shops" involved 4 miles of ungritted lanes, 6 snowdrifts and ice on compacted snow, plus our two steep hills.Just fantastic!!
I had replaced the tyres since the winters of 09 and 10 so I was interested to see how the different make of tyre reacted - I need not have worried.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Terfyn, I'm originally from Deeside, North Wales and was wondering towhich two steep hills you are refering, or just give me an idea of the lenght of the hill and the gradiant. Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Snowing again here in sunny Berkshire but nothing like it did on Friday. The main roads were treated but around 1300 the snow was so hard it wasjust overwhelming everything.I live next to a road which is a bus route, the council have to grit bus routes, so our council cancelled all the buses which meant they did not have to grit so many roads, great!There is a hill not far from me that had buses sliding down backwards in 2010, on Friday it was cars trying to get up it one-at-a-time, with a quater mile long queue I did not bother trying it, but the Yeti with its Michelin Alpins drove as if things were normal taking all in its stride. One possible downside is that after a perod of time a Yeti driver could get over confident. On a deserted stretch of road with a roundabout I deliberately made the Yeti lose grip but it was regained instantly when I eased up on the throttle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Banjobach said:
Hi Terfyn, I'm originally from Deeside, North Wales and was wondering towhich two steep hills you are refering, or just give me an idea of the lenght of the hill and the gradiant. Thanks.
The hills are down to a crossing on the Dwyfach, about 1/4 mile long and fairly steep. The point is that there is no gritting on these minor lanes - just snow and ice.
Around Lleyn there are miles of back lanesconnecting farms to the outside world. There is no bus route for 3 miles so we cope the best we can with the conditions - no problem with a Yeti - provided we just take it a bit easy. Betty is over three years old and has seen two bad wintersbut she hasgot us around with little worries. A LandRover she ain't but she is a good little mover!

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Started snowing again in Llani about 1100, and still coming down now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think you have had it worse than us near the coast. We had a bit of snow today but with temperatures of +4C most of the old snow has melted during today. How's your Yeti?

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
We had about 6" here in town, and a lot more up on the hills. It did thaw a bit today but it has now started settling a where it had been cleared.
Yeti has been fine, including up the hill to the new house, even on the Kumho's I use. Very happy with it.
Not so happy with Powys CC as they have decided that they are not going to be using 4x4 Response Wales as they can't afford to use VOLUNTEERS and that the District Nurses and Care Workers must make their own arrangements to get around!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
What a false economy. This is typical of people who sit in offices and ignore the realities of life. I always think of what could be done with the wages of the senior members of the councils and the so called decision makers. It makes my blood boil

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
What has pissed us off even more is that every other part of Wales have been busy, but not one of our Powys organisers has bothered to officially inform us. It got mentioned on the National Forum and then my next door neighbour asked why we weren't doing anythin.
I am seriously considering my future with them!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts