Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I ordered a 1.2 TSi manual in Shark Blue on 12th August 2013. Build week was confirmed as week 43 (21st October) and the dealer has let me know that I can pick it up this Friday, November 15th.

This forum has been very helpful in choosing the Yeti and I am looking forward to picking it up after what seemed at times, an interminable wait.

My last car, sold in August was an E320 Class Mercedes estate. It as a great car, but from when I ordered it from new in 2008, my mileage has changed from circa 25,000 miles p.a. to around 10k, with the car often not moving from Monday-Friday.

Insurance on the Merc was over £900 p.a, (on the Yeti, it will be £228). Road tax was £255 and an annual service with Mercedes ran from about £350-£550 depending on the type. Obviously, I am looking forward to the lower costs of the Yeti.

Another factor was my son turns 17 next year and I would prefer for him to learn to drive in a car that is a manual and insurable at a reasonable rate.

I test drove the Quashqai, Santa Fe, ix35, Sportage and Outback before committing to the Yeti. A large factor was the looks of the Yeti, which I like, but also the views of owners on this forum and the 'fit and feel' in the cabin with the Korean cars in particular shaping up very badly in comparison to the Merc which was then my reference point.

I hope for years of happy motoring. Here's the spec:

1.2 Tsi Elegance in Shark Blue. Panoramic sunroof, MDI, 12 speakers, mats, mudflaps, DAB radio.

·
Registered
94 Posts
PaxtonPete,
A warm welcome to the ever growing community of happy Yeti owners!

I can assure you then when you get your Yeti, you will find it very difficult to allow it to stand on your drive from Monday to Friday! Excuses will be invented to get into it and on the road! It becomes a singular treat to drive!

When you get it, don`t forget to take lots of piccies of your "new-born"! It will never look better than when you pick it up at the dealers. Make sure to post a few photos on here as well.

Good luck. Hope you can sleep the night before!

Edited by: bwanamdevu

·
Registered
471 Posts
PaxtonPete said:
Thanks bwanamdevu,

"Dealer let me know that it won't be ready until Monday 18th, but I am away with work until the 20th. Agreed on the 21st to pick up."

As I am still waiting for mine - can I pick it up and use it until you "need" it on 21st? Seems a shame to let it stand about until then - as you can see all this waiting is making me desparate!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Waiting for news on my order, built week 44, 2.0 litre elegance in petrol blue. I have read the manuals spots off and bored the dealer to death with is it nearly here yet? Can't wait to get my hands on him....

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Waiting for news on my order, built week 44, 2.0 litre elegance in petrol blue. I have read the manuals spots off and bored the dealer to death with is it nearly here yet? Can't wait to get my hands on him...."
Who, your Yeti or the dealer? I'm sure, and hope you mean your Yeti!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, Just pay the deposit and I'll be happy to let you have it for a couple of days

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am sure when you get your Yeti you will think the wait was worth it. When you go for a drive you will probably find yourself smiling for no apparent reason. The Yeti may well be the most capable car you have owned,I know mine is, the winter wheels go on this weekend, bring on the white stuff!

·
Registered
222 Posts
bwanamdevu said:
PaxtonPete,
A warm welcome to the ever growing community of happy Yeti owners!

I can assure you then when you get your Yeti, you will find it very difficult to allow it to stand on your drive from Monday to Friday! Excuses will be invented to get into it and on the road! It becomes a singular treat to drive!

When you get it, don`t forget to take lots of piccies of your "new-born"! It will never look better than when you pick it up at the dealers. Make sure to post a few photos on here as well.

Good luck. Hope you can sleep the night before!

Yes, very true - excuses will be invented just to get behind the wheel. Mine is only 5 weeks old but already has done 2500 miles. Excuses have ranged from the 'need' to buy a particular newspaper to offering to take everyone out to lunch at a pub 110 miles away!!

The grin factor you get is something that doesn't dissipate with time. Still get this feeling of wellbeing even though I'm on my second Snow Monster.
Enjoy the pleasure of ownership and welcome to the forum.
Shanco

·
Registered
760 Posts
PaxtonPete said:
Hello All,
I ordered a 1.2 TSi manual in Shark Blue on 12th August 2013. Build week was confirmed as week 43 (21st October) and the dealer has let me know that I can pick it up this Friday, November 15th.

This forum has been very helpful in choosing the Yeti and I am looking forward to picking it up after what seemed at times, an interminable wait.

My last car, sold in August was an E320 Class Mercedes estate. It as a great car, but from when I ordered it from new in 2008, my mileage has changed from circa 25,000 miles p.a. to around 10k, with the car often not moving from Monday-Friday.

Insurance on the Merc was over £900 p.a, (on the Yeti, it will be £228). Road tax was £255 and an annual service with Mercedes ran from about £350-£550 depending on the type. Obviously, I am looking forward to the lower costs of the Yeti.

Another factor was my son turns 17 next year and I would prefer for him to learn to drive in a car that is a manual and insurable at a reasonable rate.

I test drove the Quashqai, Santa Fe, ix35, Sportage and Outback before committing to the Yeti. A large factor was the looks of the Yeti, which I like, but also the views of owners on this forum and the 'fit and feel' in the cabin with the Korean cars in particular shaping up very badly in comparison to the Merc which was then my reference point.

I hope for years of happy motoring. Here's the spec:

1.2 Tsi Elegance in Shark Blue. Panoramic sunroof, MDI, 12 speakers, mats, mudflaps, DAB radio.
Welcome from a land down under. Like you I test drove a few different makes and models of SUV before settling on the Yeti. I drove the Kia Sportage within half an hour of test driving the Yeti and found little to compare in respect to the driving position and driving experience. I did expect better from the Sportage, so was naturally disapointed with it. However there are plently of them on the road, which does strongly suggest that they are liked by many., but give me the Yeti any day.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Patrick Petrol said:
Waiting for news on my order, built week 44, 2.0 litre elegance in petrol blue. I have read the manuals spots off and bored the dealer to death with is it nearly here yet? Can't wait to get my hands on him....
Wow, it's just like Christmas when we were kids, when the days dragged on while waiting for Christmas Day for the unwrapping with anticipation for that very special present or two.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Stewbidoo said:
"Waiting for news on my order, built week 44, 2.0 litre elegance in petrol blue. I have read the manuals spots off and bored the dealer to death with is it nearly here yet? Can't wait to get my hands on him...."
Who, your Yeti or the dealer? I'm sure, and hope you mean your Yeti!
It's getting closer all the time! Wishing you many happy miles of driving your new toy. My Yeti is just outside of my window and from here I just give him a wink and guess what, I'm sure he winks right back!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If think it is will be with the dealer (Cambridge area) very soon as it is definately in the UK - they wanted to deliver it by driven method. No one gets my boy before me - gonna train from Hull to Cambridge then drive back :)
I am very excited now....

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's gonna be a nice long 1st drive - enjoy.You'll probably want to keep going even after you get home.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Patrick Petrol. Now, let me get this right. You are in Hull and the Yeti will be with the dealer in.......Cambridge? Why did you order yours from a dealer sooooo far away? Did you live there? Did they give you a super duper discount?
Do let us know mate!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Patrick Petrol said:
If think it is will be with the dealer (Cambridge area) very soon as it is definately in the UK - they wanted to deliver it by driven method. No one gets my boy before me - gonna train from Hull to Cambridge then drive back :)
I am very excited now....

With all that waiting for your Yeti, you must have been "to Hull and back".

I guarantee that you will enjoy your new snow monster more than myrather sadjoke!
As always please send us all a pic of the new baby.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got him on lease at a too good to miss price. The elegance spec was something I didn't think quite reachable. The FL has crashed the prices through the floor in lease world on this spec. I feel very lucky and can't wait for that first drive back with him (Patrick in Petrol Blue, hence the name). :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a date :) ;) :)
25th of November for pick up - Weekend then a day off work to collect my Monster. I cannot wait, this week is gonna drag......Pics when I get there.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hello and welcome PP, to the bet car in the world (?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts