Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new Skoda 1.2 SE on Wednesday. live in a very rural area but instead of a 4x4 thought I would get winter tyres for snow and ice as I won't be off roading. I have ordered a temporary spare but does anybody know of it can be used with the 16" steel wheels and winter tyres supplied by Skoda if I get a puncture?

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
The Skoda spare is on a 16" steel wheel and will be H rated. Because it will be a different size / speed rating to the other three wheels it will be marked 50KPH. As long as you only use it in an emergency to get home orto a repair depotyou will be fine.

If you have summer and winter tyres on different rims you could save some money and use one of the redundant set as a spare.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The Hood said:
...it will be marked 50KPH.
Sorry Hoody, but it's 80 kph which is 50 mph.
It must be all the excitement with the Dr Who 50th Anniversary TV special.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
19 Posts
An observation on winter tyres, I have a full set of winters on steel rims, they seem exceptionally good in mud and grass (no snow yet to try them) but they do fling mud and dirt up on to the bodywork even on tarmac roads, much more than summer tyres, its due to the self cleaning design. Ive had to pressure wash the Yeti so much I decided to fit a set of original mud flaps, dead easy to fit - less than 10 mins each wheel - they have transformed the mud flinging. To be recomended.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have six months old 4x4 Yeti on its original tyres, I have always had 4x4s of various makes as I work around the Lake District and Pennines hence it's almost a must.

I'll be due a tyre change in Spring and am considering winter tyres but can't be hassled with having two sets even if the tyre dealers will store them to save buying additional wheels. I have recently seen all-season tyres mentioned particularly Continental and wondered if anyone has had any experience of them or any other make.

JeremyG

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts