Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
These 2 item are shown in the official Yeti accessories brochure under towbar electrics section?

Split charging kit for 13 pin electrics - ZGB 000 055 200 W
Full functionality upgrade kit for Yeti 2009 onwards - ZGB 3T2 055 204

Item 1 is self explanatory but item 2 is confusing!

Anyone any ideas please, as I want to make sure that the towbar fitters install the correct electrics., as they were a bit confused as well. They are an independent local company who carry out all towbars installs for the local Skoda & other VAG dealerships. I am having the Westfalia removable towbar with 13 pin socket, but need a live feed for caravan.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My car ( 2ltr 4x4 Elegance ) came with a Westfalia removable 13 pin tow bar as part of the purchase deal. I am guessing that item 2 gives the added facilities of things like the alarm detecting if the caravan is unplugged and the car auto testing and telling you via maxidot display if any trailer lights are not working. As I say, just a guess.

You may also find that with the ball fitted, when the reverse sensors ( if fitted ) sound the constant bleep, the ball is a ciggy paper from whatever is behind.

Happy towing !!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks "igg". It was a lot easier in the old days. Just returning to caravanning after a "few years" break. Just have to trust the fitters!

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
The first kit is the additional loom that allows battery charging and fridge power at the 13 pin plug.

The second kit, I think, is the wiring loom that is fitted if the car isn't bought with "tow bar prep".

The reprogramming of the ECU MUST be done whatever additional towing loom is fitted and connected to the 13 pin/7 pin sockets. Otherwise lots of the towing electrics will not work. Reprogramming includes:

Allowing the radio display to show the trailer.

Altering the flasher rate of the indicators.

Uses the bulb failure system to show if trailer lights fail, as required by Law,

Extending the alarm system to sense if the trailer is unhitched when the alarm is on.

Switches off the rear parking sensors if trailer is plugged in.

Disables rear fog light when trailer plugged in.

Allows the stability control system to take the trailer into account.

There might be more!

Some dealers seem to have lots of problems with the reprogramming, although if they follow their instruction properly there shouldn't be!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks, but there is a separate part number for non prepped cars.
As stated in brochure:
1) For vehicles without preparation
(does not provide split charging capability) - EEA 630 101 E4

2) Split charging kit for 13 pin electrics - ZGB 000 055 200 W
3) Full functionality upgrade kit for Yeti 2009 onwards - ZGB 3T2 055 204

Very confusing!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Truthseeker, did you get your tow bar and electrics successfully fitted ? Was it less complicated than you feared ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes all done no problems, although not tested yet as still waiting to pick up caravan. Nice neat job - well pleased, even though cost me £720 (ouch!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Truthseeker, Did you try the electrics and are they working completely?
Having taken delivery of my Yeti last week I am trying to get to grips with installing the towbar and electrics.
The situation is that I have bought the Skoda "Towbarelectric EEA630001E4" ,but it only serves 10 pins of the 13 pin socket and the pins missing are the fridge feed and the fridge return (the 13th pin is listed as spare)
As it stands the electrics won't do the job I need.
It was supposed to give full functionality.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they all work OK. Cant offer any more help as dealer done the work not me. Yeti now sold - sorry that i can not help you anymore than that. Good luck.

·
Administrator
14,178 Posts
djl said:
Truthseeker,     Having taken delivery of my Yeti last week I am trying to get to grips with installing the towbar and electrics.
    The situation is that I have bought the Skoda "Towbarelectric EEA630001E4" ,but it only serves 10 pins of the 13 pin socket and the pins missing are the  fridge feed and the fridge return (the 13th pin is listed as spare)

djl
How are you doing with your towbar and electrics?

If you are doing a self install it would make a good topic for the Forum as there are bound to be others who have or are considering a DIY towbar and electrics. A step-by-step with pictures would be interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
djl said:
Truthseeker, Did you try the electrics and are they working completely?
Having taken delivery of my Yeti last week I am trying to get to grips with installing the towbar and electrics.
The situation is that I have bought the Skoda "Towbarelectric EEA630001E4" ,but it only serves 10 pins of the 13 pin socket and the pins missing are the fridge feed and the fridge return (the 13th pin is listed as spare)
For full functionality you would need to buy the additional, UK only, kit that gives you the split charge. It has to be fitted from the front fuse board, through the car to the rear trailer plug.

To be honest, I gave up using the split charge years ago. It gives hardly any power to the battery, and only keeps the fridge at a constant temperature, which an ice pack and the door closed just as well, or even when on the long crossing ferry for 6 hours!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts