Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a need for a couple of approximately 100 mm square rubber, or similar, black moulded pads. I think I've seen something like this on a vehicle of some kind on the bumper/over-rider but can't for the life of me think what! I've googled and fleabayed all variations I can think of with out success.
The reason I'm after these pads is thatthe Yetihad afull sized registration plate screwed on the front. Our private plate is quite short and has left the screw holes from that previous plate either side of the new one, hence the rubber pads and the need for them to look good. I guess it could go into the body shop for filling/painting but if I can find the right things it should look ok. perhaps.

Any idea anyone?
Thanks, Henry.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm having trouble visualising exactly what you are trying to do.

100mm x 100mm black rubber, on either side of your number plate? That will not be unobstrusive IMO.

I can't imagine that looking good, to be honest.

How about a couple of mirror screws in the holes, then paint the caps to match the colour of the car?

Steve.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Normal size plate. You could trim the ends till its just long enough to cover the holes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All, thanks for the replys, it is appreciated.
Steve, Trust the trip went well, if your down again you are welcome. I might have mislead you all - there are other holes too! I think the dealer in Oxford had screwed their advertising plates on before it was registered so there are a few. As its a dark colour it shouldn't look too bad.

Rick, Mmmm, the plate is quite short and the screw holes are pretty much at either end. As its a dark colour (Petrol blue) the reflective white plates look a bit daft at full length with 5 characters on imho.

wakev, I reckon I might have a go at this but it's difficult to machine rubber and get it to look like it was from thefactory - got to be worth a try I'm thinking.

Thanks again, H.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Maybe a bumper repair service would be able to fill them up for you. This may not be the cheapest option but it may be the most aesthetically pleasing option.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi EpicyclicI still think that the easiest and neatest & cheapest option would be to get your personal number centered onto new full sized plates.
+ hope that this will cover all holes and still look cool. (& legal!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts