Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my yeti up as usual outside my house last night .This morning I went out to give the car it's weekly clean to find all the windows half open.
I have never had the occasion to open all the windows in this way and wonder if the car has a will of it's own ...any one had similar experience.?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi where were the keys if the unlock button is pressed for a few seconds the windows will open, the same with the lock button will close the windows, has been know that having them in you pocket the buttons get pressed and the remotes work from a fair distance away.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup... exactly the same happened to me parked at work... all windows half open although I wouldonly usuallyopen the driver window...

·
Registered
196 Posts
This hashappened to me once during my year with the car and in my case it was just the passenger side front that opened half way whilst parked. I can't explain it fully but I think it had something to do with the fact I held the lock button down to close all the windows and must have confused the control unit somehow
It hasn't happened again since but for a while it did concern me a little!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have had this happen, but with individual windows. It seemed that the force limiter (anti-trap)was causing the problem - going through the "activation" procedure on p.41 of the latest manual seemed to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem last Friday, on my new Yeti SEL, came down at 7am and found all of the windows down.
Checked on my CCTV and found they went down at 6.42am.
This was the time my wife put her phone into her handbag where the keys were.
Went back to Skoda and they have reset the time that you have to hold down the open key button, which after opening the doors do open all windows after another wait.
Have now made certain that the keys are not kept in pocket/handbag against another hard object.
I hope this helps.
Regards
Tomo

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
You can disable this function in the MD, I have on mine can't trust SWMBO with the keys in her bag

·
Registered
22 Posts
just my back windows down half way , now have to double check . if i close the windows (back ) some times minute latter they open ...

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
First check that there is nothing trapped in the runners.If nothing then in that case that window needs re-setting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The last time this happened in my Yeti, I was driving along in stop-start traffic. All four windows opened.

It doesn't half break your concentration!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think I have figured this out. We were heading off on holiday and spare keys were in wife's handbag, which was (how can I put this delicately?) filled to capacity. It is distinctly possible that there was pressure on the unlock button on the key fob.

I have now switched off the Window Convenience facility through the display unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts