Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the ignition is turned on but the car not started there are a few seconds of a strange bubbling or buzzing sound from the region of the radio. The radio is off at the time. The sound could be electronic or maybe mechanical. Any ideas what might be going on? The only fault indicated by running Carista was
01596 Motor for Outside / Recirculated Air Flap (V154)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
What happens if you turn the recirculation off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What happens if you turn the recirculation off?
Hmmm. Just popped out to try that. When button pressed and the led in the button is lit, (recirc on) the noise stops. Then when button pressed again so that led is off (recirc off) then the noise comes back.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
There are 2 LEDs on the button, Auto on right, Manual on left and Off when no LEDs lit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the diagnostics tells you there is an issue with the recirc flap motor, and your ears tell you there is an issue in one position of the recirc flap but not the other position, then the recirc flap system has to be the prime suspect.

I am not familiar with the Yeti's HVAC system (yet), but I suspect the flap isn't seating properly in the "fresh air" position.

Does the noise change if you speed up or slow down the blower motor?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the diagnostics tells you there is an issue with the recirc flap motor, and your ears tell you there is an issue in one position of the recirc flap but not the other position, then the recirc flap system has to be the prime suspect.

I am not familiar with the Yeti's HVAC system (yet), but I suspect the flap isn't seating properly in the "fresh air" position.

Does the noise change if you speed up or slow down the blower motor?
I've just been in the car and played with all combinations of the fan, a/c, recir and the strange noise has now gone and been replaced with a quiet, normal sounding whirr briefly. It looks like the recirc flap was sticking or miscalibrated and is now OK. However, the fault code remains? I'll monitor the situation over coming days.

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried the reset a/c flaps trick? It may work.
Thanks - I think I did this by default whilst fiddling with the buttons - see above!

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
It looks like the recirc flap was sticking or miscalibrated and is now OK. However, the fault code remains? I'll monitor the situation over coming days.
Some fault codes will only clear after a number of starts or maybe need clearing with a fault code reader capable of doing that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts