Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new on this forum. When I joined I hoped to find something about a noise I hear in and on my car. Well, let me describe and maybe there is someone that can help. When I first layed my eyes on Yeti I became in love with this car. First I planed to take 4WD, but than I asked my self do I need it. I need a car for country road, but nothing extreme. Just to take me somewhere I can enjoy climbing and
cycling. So I bought 1.2 TSI seven months ago. It, 2012 and my dealer said this "new Yeti generation" has no turbine failure or any other problems. In Zagreb, Croatia, where I live, there are very few skoda yeti
and I don't know other owners. So, please, can someone tell me is there any noise in
your car. I first could hear brakes, but I
thought "new brakes, it takes time to work
it out". Now, 7 months later, I still hear it,
but sometimes it seams like something is
crushing down in my trunk. (car is in garage and it's not wet). I had this car just about 2 weeks when I first heared some noise from right side door. Just like a sand. Now it's more like a whole desert inside the door. Latest news are that there is a noise somewhere in the area of gearshift, handbrake or maybe even cockpit, but I'm not sure where it comes from. It's like exotic bird each time I prees gas pedal by low speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, it's me again and my noise problem. I also hear some (not loud) bumps from motor area when I turn off an engine. Since this is a first time I have car like this (before I had nissan) I don't know is all this just as it has to be. Best regards from Croatia.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Jazz, I have to agree with you about the noise from the brakes. I've just done 4000 miles in my 1.2 and i still hear a 'grating' noise when I brake. I put it down to them still being new...

Stephen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Stephen.
I agree with you about brakes. Probably it's all about being new.
And about other noise, maybe I'll have to accept a fact that this car is different and maybe, (since it's Cz. Skoda+german VW),in some things "stiff like a german soldier".
Thanks again.
Jazz.
Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
760 Posts
The only noise I have heard with my Yeti, is the slight clunk from the windscreen wipers, when the engine is turned off. This is normal. By the way, for all of the humourous members, I have heard the engine as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No more birds near my handbrake. It was somerhing, a ghost, just for a day - and just to drive me crazy.
Still wonder am I the only one with "sand/desert" sound in right door, and one of two that can hear brakes. Obviously I'm the lucky one.Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way, now I have new winter tyres - hear them, too, and now, if I listen carefully, I may hear an engine. Ha, ha.
Wish I was somewhere near Banjobach - with silver yeti on the sunshine. It's getting cold over here.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have heard several noises of late, rattles and vibrations. I am please to say they have all been false alarms! The rattle from the rear passenger door / pillar area was in fact my sons toy train in the door pocket and the speaker vibration was the ice scraper in the passenger door pocket. Both brought on a mild sweat but were followed up with great relief. Maybe I need to trust the Yeti more...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, discosteve.
Wish it was the case with me, but there are no forgotten things in my door. Asked the dealer. He said I should leave my car about a day and they will solve this problem. He belives something is loose or maybe there is some sand in the door since there is a small hole on the bottom of car doors (water leak hole).
I'll wait couple of days with my
hypersensitive ears to make sure that
"single day ghost croak" won't happen again. Than I'll pay him a visit. I'll let you know about the result.

Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, buzz, that was something like buzz at first. I didn't care much - with cd player on. But after some time I could hear that this "buzz" wasn't just a slight buzz - now it's something like oriental percussion inside the door. (can't describe this sound - like can filled with sand). Once you discover what caused your door buzz, would you, please, let me know? Thank you 33q!
(as you can see, not a native english speaker-
sorry!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But, with cd player on, when I can't hear my door playing oriental percussion, I can tell you - I love this car. Today I took a trip - to my hometown, but an alternative road - 100 miles of bandy mountain road. Delighted!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Royski 101.
I'd like to hear all of you with some, or the same, noise problems. One of my reasons is that I'm not sure what really is a "strange noise", (and what isn't), since this is my first yeti, (and my first SUV). Second reason is that I'd like to find out why this noise is happening. That's why I did not pay a visit to skoda dealer. I'd like to be
sure first. I know there is brake noise - at
first I thought they were new, but now with
7000 km, I don't think I should still hear
them. Seams to me that by braking I hear noise somewhere back of my car.
There is other strange noise -
buzzing inside right front door.
And, than there is a noise problem that I hear from time to time and I can't say for sure where that comes from and what it is. By low speed (first and second gear) when I press accelerator I hear something like whimper. I have a new car and not very happy to live with sounds of rusty tin.

I'd appreciate to hear all of your suggestions. Thanks,
Jazz.Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi,I also can suffer from occasional ' scraping' or ' grinding' noise when braking. This I have found is due to disc corrosion. The friction surface appears to need only a few hours of exposure to moisture, even seems just mist/fog to develop a rust layer, which can become quite heavy if the car is not used for a few days. This polishes off fairly swiftly with quiet braking returning. It may be nothing to worry about!

·
Administrator
14,217 Posts
With a previous car I sometimes got a noise when braking, it was caused by a small stone or similar gettingbetween the disc and the back plate. It has not happened with this car though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys!
Hard to belive it's rust, but who knows. Have a new car and I keep it garadged. Hear it even in nice, sunny days and I drive my car every day. But The Hud may be right. Could be a small stone or somerhing like that. As I hear from some others, they hear their brakes too. So, I think I'll have to live with that sound. I have no problems braking - that's more important than sound, isn't it?! Now I'd like
to find out why this other sound happens. I
can't detect where it comes from or why. Something like whimper under handbrake/gear area when I press accelerator (1st and 2nd gear).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts