Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I wonder if anyone who has the panoramic sunroof, as I do, happens to know why (when it's been asked to go to fullest push back position) you have to give the knob another turn to make it slide back completely?

It's just a bit odd that they've designed it like that but I'm not a techie person so if you could enlighten me I'd be interested to learn the reason.

The other thing I'mcurious about is even if I set cruise control on the motorway at 70 (the Tom Tom and the speedo never do snych, as has been commented uponbefore) I never get more than 40 MPG. I get a better MPG on an urban run. I've the 1.2 TSI.

Hope you're all enjoying your Yettis. I got mine last July and I'm seeingmore and more of them - especially when I travel toDevon. People won't wave in Bristol. Too uncool in the regional capital presumably.

·
Registered
83 Posts
With regards to the fuel economy, the 1.2 Tsi is working away pushing the car through the air due to the higher frontal profile and drag. So it's not as good at high speed as it is pottering about in terms of economy. Drop it down to 60mph and ours does 44mpg all day long.

Not sure on the sunroof, ours is the same.

·
Administrator
13,664 Posts
Hi
From memory speedo's are allowed to be up to 10% inaccurate but not to read slow. Tech Yeti did a good post a while ago (copied below). I try and wave to other Yeti's but have never had a response, I think apart from Forum members they are owned by a staid lot. If you are ever in Berkshire and see someone in an Aqua Blue Yeti waving like a looney wave back it might be me.

Tech-Yet
Topic: Speedo error
Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 8:57am</

I set up 2 sat navs on the dash and went for a ride, I also set up the Amundsen as well. All points on all 3 units were in sync as I passed junctions.

Indicated speeeds @ 30 Mph : speedo = 30 Mph / Maxidot = 49 Kph / satnav = 29 Mph
Indicated speeeds @ 40 Mph : speedo = 40 Mph / Maxidot = 63 Kph / satnav = 37 Mph
Indicated speeeds @ 50 Mph : speedo = 50 Mph / Maxidot = 82 Kph / satnav = 46 Mph

Satnavs give an accurate speed reading at all times, +/-0.1 mph at 100mph, providing that you are in open site of the sky and on a level road. Both my satnavs have been tested against a calibrated speedo, so it looks as if the manufacturer of the Yeti speedo has not calibrated it correctly, they haven't even syncronised the speedo needle and the Maxidot, and of course the more miles the tyres do, the rolling radius decreases and the inaccuracy gets bigger. Its a pity the Maxidot wasn't linked the the GPS, that way we could be sure of at least one correct reading.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Boss Fox. I will bite the bullet and take the motorway at 60mph in which case. I've been told already to drive more slowly for fuel economy and it's just weird that my old Golf happily did 45mpg at 80mph come the end. I do love my Yeti but miss my black Golfie.

Strange about that sunroof, isn't it? Just can't see the reasoning.

Kind regards

YSW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Hood. I'd seen those speed results before but thanks. Does your your Yeti have no sunroof? I will indeed wave if I'm ever in Berkshire. Beautiful county.

Kind regards

YSW

·
Administrator
13,664 Posts
Hi YSWMy Yeti is my first ever car without a sunroof, I even fitted one myself once. Not easy using a jigsaw to cut a large hole in the roof of a three month old car. Back then it was a glass manual tilt jobby. Unfortunately my wife does not like them, mylast three cars had them as standard and I thought £1500 extra was a bit steep.

Still waving and getting no response.
T.H.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The big sunroof is £1065 incl VAT. It's the sat nav that's around £1500.

I did have some concerns over the big sunroof if I am honest, which is why the wife's car has it. It lives in the garage and she hardly ever uses it by comparison with mine.

As mine does a lot more miles, does a bit of offroading and generally doesn't have such an easy life I had worries about things falling onto the roof, water leaks further down the line and creaks developing over high miles.

Anyone who has had a Defender (or series 1 or 2 Disco) with appreciate my sunroof concerns. :)
Although I know Skoda build quality is far better than Land Rovers used to be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Hood,

Having a sunroof was a dealbreaker for me. Dealers simply wouldnt believe it when I said if Skoda won't fit one as an optional extra you've got no sale. Then Skoda evidently changed their mind and I got one by going for the spec that I did.

On our farm, my brother and I made a bedford van into a pickup when I was about 16 and he 19 using a chainsaw and two rasps. Ah, those were the days... LOL.

YSW

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... and yes, I meant to say ... the sunroof was just over a grand. And i went for a PROPER spare wheel. Have to say the customer service I received from the delearship from whereI bought my Yetiwas unprofessional and Skoda UK rang twice for feedback and issued an apology. Would never use them for servicing. Ive no worries about the standard of workmanship on the car. I don't THINK my sunroof's gonna leak in three years' time!

Y.S.W.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts