Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of, or have experience with replacing/upgrading the suspension on the Yeti?
Thanks, Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I don't have any experience etc but am definitely interested in following this thread. I have seen suspension kits on UK sites with uprated polyurethane bushes etc but they were definitely expensive. The problem would be getting the right parts to fit your vehicle. Overall, there are 9 suspension variants for the front and 9 for the rear on the 4wd Yeti. If you can tell me what paint marks (number of marks and colour) that you have on the front and rear springs then I can tell you what particular variants you have. This will give you a starting point.
I do know that Koni put out some uprated shock absorbers for the Yeti that are OEM replacements.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/suspension-kits/car/skoda/yeti/2011/koni-fsd-shock-absorber-kit-2

These are available in Australia.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orrrright! *rubs hands together*
The bicycle crowd call it "upgraditis", I can see it affecting this particular member of the Yeti crowd in the future.
Re. suspension marks and colours I will let you know ASAP, thanks plbxr

Rob.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
The first question has to be, for what purpose do you wish to alter/up-grade it?
On road?
Off road?
Track day?
Posing?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still want to keep the same ride height because it will be off road at times, that is why we bought the car. But things wear out, I would be interested in seeing if any replacements have different damping rates etc.
Rob.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
If you are looking for a softer ride try 16" wheels with 215/60/16 tyres. That is what I use for winter, the Michelins with a taller sidewall give a much smoother ride with less road surface transmitted through. Also probably due to the brand of tyre (Michelin Alpin)I get around 4mpg more and it is far quieter. Changing wheels is far less drastic than changing the suspension, and the wheel/tyre size I use is offered on some Yeti (lower spec).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have heard about the tyre/wheel combination making a difference.
I'm not planning to change anything immediately, but if I heard of a change that improved the suspension over corrugations, that is the way I'd been heading.
Thanks, Rob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts