Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wishing to upset some people- I have had time to evaluate my third synthetic 5w/30.As you may be aware or not I change my engine oil every five thousand kilometres .Anyway I've put nearly two thousand kilometres on the latest .Total QUARTZINEO long life-The yeti absolutely runs like a dream.
I would have to place it in the top three synthetic oils I ever used.Thats just my opinion
pug

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Pug, surely it must be time for another oil change.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
159 Posts
My Yeti has done nearly 18000 miles which is a lot of kilometres. The oil will be changed at the first service due now. I have topped it up with half a litre some time ago. Guess what ~The yeti absolutely runs like a dream.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If anyone wants to keep a car for a very long time ie 10- 15 years or more, it is a good idea to service the car more frequently than what the manufacturer recommends.If you only intend keeping it for say 3 years then there is no point paying extra to service it because only the next owners will reap the benefit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
PUG said:
Not wishing to upset some people- I have had time to evaluate my third synthetic 5w/30.As you may be aware or not I change my engine oil every five thousand kilometres .Anyway I've put nearly two thousand kilometres on the latest .Total QUARTZINEO long life-The yeti absolutely runs like a dream.
I would have to place it in the top three synthetic oils I ever used.Thats just my opinion
pug
Thanks for the info pug.
Will using this brand affect any warranty claims?
Not heard any complaints about Skoda recommended oil - is this one cheaper?
What does this oil do that other recommended oils didn't do for your Yeti? EG has it changed MPG/KPL?
Does it look different?
Not trying to be a smart ar*e but interested to learn more!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
No one bought me one for Christmas so
I have just got myself a Pela 6000 and will try it out in a few weeks using Castrol Edge from Eurocarparts at 27.99 a can. They have so many offers if you miss one another will be along in a minute. So far just the one change at 18000 miles, coming home from worktoday it gave 58.8 mpg so it must be happy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pug, I will probably change mine every 7.5k as i currently do this with my Focus XR5 as 15k just doesn't seem right....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts