Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a white Yeti means I am forced to clean it regularly ( it's my good wife who does the forcing though). An easy clean by and large except for tar spot and fly squash removal. There are a lot of choices out there that get the job done, but some are pretty aggressive requiring rewaxing which is a pain, or remarkably expensive for what you get, or both.
Bartoline, makers of white spirit, have come up with an answer though in the form of Green Spirit. It is a gentler alternative to white and out of curiosity I gave a trial area a de- tarring with it with excellent results. A 50/50 mixture with soapy water.for fly squash worked very well too. Squirt on and wipe off after a minute; job done. I've been using it all summer and at £2 a litre it hasn't broken the bank.

·
Registered
2017 L&K Outdoor 1.4 TSi
61 Posts
Bartoline, makers of white spirit, have come up with an answer though in the form of Green Spirit.
Is it Green Spirit or Clean Spirit? My Google-fu can't find the former, but there's lots of hit for the latter...

(I too have a white Yeti so anticipate collecting my fair share of tar spots, etc)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Another white owner here, I've found plenty of things that can remove tar spots. One of my faves is Mr Sheen just dab on the spot with a finger, leave a couple of mins then lightly wipe off.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've tried WD40, it works but takes a while.
I did read that peanut butter works, but I live close to a park so get a lot of dog walkers going past, I could just imagine all the dogs licking my car 🤪

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,242 Posts
Auto Glym tar remover has a pale green tint, if that has any significance? Works quite well either way. Also good for removing sticker glue residue from rally cars. (Need to change event sponsor stickers and door numbers on those regularly, between events.)

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,799 Posts
I seem to remember using butter to get tar off in the past.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,799 Posts
Bog off!!
Butter all the time in this house!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Low fat spread,
A great way to waste a bad product its just a shame it contains too much salt for your paintwork. 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts