Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you sages help with three questions about lights on a F/L model with Auto lights function please?:

1. While altering some settings with VCDS, I came across ‘Assistance Driving Light’. What is that? Cannot find any mention in the manual.

2. The manual refers to ’ Vehicles with segment display’. What is that?

3. When the light switch is set to ‘Auto’ with the ignition on and there is good daylight, should the lights be at dipped beam or DRL?

My Czech language ability is not quite up to translating the manual. 😟

·
Administrator
5,031 Posts
I am guessing but I would translate:

Assistance Driving Light as Adaptive Headlights.

Segment display as the alternative to Maxidot fitted to entry level vehicle

Reactions: Trilux

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Hi Trilux
1. Autodip is an optional feature so the lights can be left on main beam. 2. A basic display for vehicles without 'Maxidot'. 3. In good light and with 'Auto' set, only the DRL's are on.

Reactions: Trilux

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Snowgood and Jimmy,

I don’t have the Auto dip feature but I seem to remember they call it something different on VCDS. Will be playing with it tomorrow and report back.

On ‘Auto’, mine remains on dipped beam in daylight. There doesn’t appear a way of changing that on Maxidot. Will have to pursue that on VCDS.

More to follow.

·
Administrator
14,595 Posts
On auto the drls should be on in good light, and the should dip come on when light levels are low or you exceed a set speed. Also in auto, other things such as coming home and leaving home activates when locking/unlocking in darkness. I changed the leaving/coming home from the xenons to the foglights.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your suggestions so far.

Have done quite a lot of research on 'Assistance Driving Lights'. There doesn't seem to be a mention anywhere online. The spec for my car does mention 'Light Assistant' which refers to 'leaving/coming home' lights (which I have also changed to foglights), so assume that is the answer perhaps on other VAG models?.

On VCDS, the auto-dip main beam feature is referred to as 'High Beam Assist', which I don't have in any case.

Still trying to find out why my dipped beams are on in good daylight when set to 'Auto'. My next line is to investigate if the system is set up to Scandinavia instead of UK.

Still struggling with TMC. the value set in VCDS is 1023. I did see that 1024 is supposed to switch it on but it doesn't work. If anyone has any ideas on that, I would be grateful. Sinclairs (Swansea) are ignoring my messages asking about the software fix.

·
Administrator
14,595 Posts
The auto headlights should work from the light sensors, or when you reach a certain speed, there is a sensor in the rev counter and one on the rear view mirror (if you have an auto dip mirror). If you turn the auto lights off does the dash remain fully lit in good light? You could also always try the good old disconnect battery then reconnect to see if something needs to reset itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts