Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I left for work yesterday there was 4 inches of snow,when I left this morning at 5 a.m. it was minus 9 on the maxidot. Both days even with the factory fitted tyres the car behaved like it was on rails, (speed down, concentration up and avoid the brakes).
A couple of months before the car arrived I got somesuitable usedwheels (Audi),ready to fit with winter tyres.As I was lucky and the car arrived early I still have the wheels minus tyres. I wonder if there is an optimal time to buy them, I got 195,65,15 Dunlop Winter sports£75 each (fitted) for my wifes car last September. I will go for 215,60,16 for the Yeti, I wonder if it is best to try and find someone trying to clear end of season stock (local supplies sold out), or buy early to beat the rush, there was not a lot of choice last September, but my local tyre dealer beat the on line prices.
I do 14000+ miles a year so they will only last two or three years, and they will be stored on a purpose made stand so ageing should not be a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I would say anytime after the spring until the autumn, because then they will be either off-loading stock or getting new ones in.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Minus 9 thats warm, 0600hrs this morning it was minus 12.5 here

On the winter tyre front I would say start looking around the beginning of July may get some online deals and march may yield some old stock going cheap.

I have gone for the all season (Goodyear vectra 4) and have found them a very good tyre in the wet and on ice and snow, will see how they wear but at 7k they are showing very little wear, its already
minus 8 here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts