Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've just joined the forum, been looking around for next car options and the Yeti is really growing on me.
I have some questions before deciding on version choice though.

1. Would I notice much difference between 1.2 and 1.4 petrol performance/economy?
2. Sat nav...I see there are two optional navs, any info on which is better?

My current thinking is 1.4 2WD with sunroof, mdi and satnav options.
Colour cappucino or white or shark blue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Love my 1.2 and it is quicker than my last car (a 1.6 Megane coupe)I got the Elegance model with metalic paint and Amunsden satnav for the same price as the standard SE.
Would have prefered TomTom satnav if they did one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant to say Elegance is my current preference too.

Thanks for your reply. I've been researching further and think 1.2 should be fine.
Just got to decide on extras and colour now

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't forget as standard the Yeti doesn't have a spare wheel. It's a lot cheaper to get it as a factory fit option than to get one once you've taken delivery.

I'd also suggest the heated windscreen. I have one on my Elegance and had one on a couple of previous cars and its one of the best features I've had on a car especially in winter. Start the car, press the button, wait a minute or so, operate the wipers and drive off with a completely clear windscreen.

Just my two pence worth.

Keith

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Keith, have also noticed that folk are recommending the heated screen so will add to my list. Unsure about spare wheel as I dont have one with my current car, just the can of foam. Luckily I've never needed to use it but I know its a risk/gamble.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would definitely recommend the panoramicsun roof. Not cheap but it works very well indeed. Although it's hardly been the weather to have it open since getting the car 2 weeks ago, I love the the light it lets in. Once it gets a shade or 2 warmer it will be open all the time!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks.I'm now thinking 1.2 in candy white with sunroof, heated screen, spare wheel, satnav is a maybe

Having read local dealer reviews I'm a bit put off although I could try internet broker I suppose.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Print off some quotes from internet dealers and take them with you to a main dealer as a bargaining chip. Worked for me...they couldn't match exactly, but I reckoned the extra I'm having to pay will be worth it in after-sales service, convenience, peace of mind etc. The bucket shops have to source their cars from main dealers anyway, and what they quote is not always achievable in the end.

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
WeeYeti said:
Thanks folks.I'm now thinking 1.2 in candy white with sunroof, heated screen, spare wheel, satnav is a maybe

Having read local dealer reviews I'm a bit put off although I could try internet broker I suppose.
I use a Tom Tom in mine (UK and Europe) the updates are cheap easy and frequent, it is much cheaper than the built in job which would leave you some extra spending money for other goodies.

For the price the spare wheel and extras are a bit of a no brainer, the spare is also a 195/60/16 not an undersized rubber band.

Skodastore.com are really a Skoda dealer and give a good discount plus free nationwide delivery (mine cam from them), others are Happynewcar and orangewheels (orange wheels also use main dealers).

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you are looking to get a couple of grand off dealer price try Carquake or ring John Gee direct on 0844 539 1960. I got over £3000 of my Yeti although it was 2 litre model. Worth a call any way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts