Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a yeti on the weekend, and washed it today, to my delight, there’s a Thule detachable tow bar already fitted, but I don’t have the end,

does anyone know the part number for the bit to attach, the Thule website is quite rubbish

2012 yeti if it makes a difference

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Is it in the boot where there is a place for it under the floor.

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
Check in the box under the right hand boot filler as well.

And the year doesn't matter, the tow bars are the same all the way through the life of the Yeti.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked in the space in the boot, in the black polystyrene compartment

I assume there isn’t any other place?
Ive asked my local brink install for a price for the part, won’t be cheap I expect , but cheaper then new tow bar which I need

·
Registered
712 Posts
I checked in the space in the boot, in the black polystyrene compartment

I assume there isn’t any other place?
Ive asked my local brink install for a price for the part, won’t be cheap I expect , but cheaper then new tow bar which I need

Have you looked on eBay? There are some secondhand ones on there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If we are talking about the swan neck ball fitting, I saw two on eBay but can’t guarantee they are exactly what you are looking for of course.

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
If we are talking about the swan neck ball fitting, I saw two on eBay but can’t guarantee they are exactly what you are looking for of course.
For the Westfalia system, but there are numerous different balls as they need to be different heights and lengths from the mounting point; I'm sure that the Thule is the same.

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
The first link doesn't sat what car it is designed for, the second one specifically states Renault Kadjur.
I would suggest that Steve gets in touch with Thule and also possibly PF Jones, as they list Thule in their range.

Reactions: The Hood

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would have thought it unlikely that the removable ball itself will be vehicle specific. Would that make commercial sense? Either way, I’m sure Steve doesn’t need any more suggestions from me.

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
Just look at the 2 photos in those links; they are different balls.
Every car model is different; from the height of the internal mounting bar, the distance around the rear bumper, the "bend" required around the bumper, and lots of other things. Even a quick look at the PF Jones web site will show you that there are numerous different balls.

I know it is a different make, but when the Yeti's were first new an ex-member was looking to replace his Westfalia ball and he found there were more than a dozen different ones, just across the VAG model range.

·
Registered
712 Posts
To be honest, I was just offering a suggestion. I have enough of my own issues to look after without offering a free detailed consultancy service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry didn’t see these , yeah needs to be for yeti,

I can get one brand news 280...ouch
Already email pf jones, then can supply or , only full kit

I’ll message first one
Thanks all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts