Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please, I want to remove the storage tray.
When I purchase my Yeti 4 weeks ago I noticed some marks on the lid the other day which I cannot remove looks like paint splashes!
I have bought a used part off ebay which arrived today and it is in excellent condition. Much cheaper than Skoda new part.
My problem is how do I lift the existing one out looking at the replacement part it just slots in.
Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,893 Posts
Lift out the rubber mat and there are two T20 Torx screws in the bottom at the side nearest yourself angled towards you, a mirror will help to see them.

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Administrator
5,792 Posts
Welcome and glad that you got the help you needed so quickly.

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 dsg grey
68 Posts
question chaps,

i have a tray but no lid is it easy to replace the whole thing with one with a lid or do i have to take vents & half the dash board out

is it one size fits all or is there any difference between early and later models ?

mm

·
Registered
580 Posts
i have a tray but no lid is it easy to replace the whole thing with one with a lid or do i have to take vents & half the dash board out
I think you might have to dig out your best Stanley knife and cut a hole in the top of the dash in order to retro-fit the box with a lid.
One of those "no going back now" moments!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the tray has 2 x T20 Torx screws just unscrew and pull the tray out and replace with a new or used one that has a lid.
How come you have one without a lid as it is a fixed top to the tray ?
One size fits early and later models.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
6,893 Posts

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,242 Posts
Early base models did not have a lid.
Correct! Only SE trim and above had a lidded area. Base and S just have a similar shaped recess area in the dash top. Entire dash top moulding is however different, I believe. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,799 Posts
I think you might have to dig out your best Stanley knife and cut a hole in the top of the dash in order to retro-fit the box with a lid.
One of those "no going back now" moments!
I doubt it. In fact I think there was a post either here or on the Dark Side where they did this and it just dropped in and used the same mounting screws.

Reactions: macmusic

·
Registered
580 Posts
I doubt it. In fact I think there was a post either here or on the Dark Side where they did this and it just dropped in and used the same mounting screws.
Conflicting advice, so I suggest that Macmusic follows Cyblyn's advice ... have a look to see if the two Torx screws can be located.
If so, remove them and see if the tray pops out.
If not, I would say your tray forms part of the dashboard, and would need to be cut out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My car doesn't have a lid but that's fine by me as the weighted base for my sat nav sits in it and a lid would be a nuisance.

The only other things I put in it are my sunglasses.

Handy to know how it comes out as I was thinking of running the power lead for the sat nav out of sight, it looks a mess plugged into the cigar lighter in the centre console.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
My weighted base would sit on a lid whilst still being instantly transferrable to my other car - or any other - but I 'd still prefer it in the tray as it is.

A very useful bit of kit which I still recall buying from Maplins in Norwich probably the best part of 20 years ago!

Anyway that's a phone not a sat nav lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts