Yeti Owners Club banner

Toppled.......

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ferdie 
#1 ·
I feel I can join your great forum now I have toppled. After considerable procrastination and several spread sheets I abandoned reason and put my money down. Just waiting for it to leave the port now
, aRosso 170.

Always liked the down to earth SUV looks, more than the trend for smoothed off jacked up hatchback or heavy weight 4X4s. Each to his own needs.

The tips, advice and support on the forum seems to be a good source to feed the passion of the Yeti members and I look forward reading more and hopefully contribution some interesting snippets as I encounter them.

Sadly really, my Yeti is going to spend many a mile pounding the M5 motorway on my daily commute Bristol to Cheltenham but in the weekends head in to the Welsh border lands, where I feel it will be more at home.

So I have been reading with interest the fuel economy debates as I expect to take a hit on this on my 400 miles a week but but I am looking forward to a payback in smugness when winter come which should be soon now!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum I am sure you will enjoy your Yeti when it arrives, I am not alone in saying that when I drive mine it makes me smile. As you are waiting for it to leave the port the worst of the waiting is over, mine took a week from completion of build to show room, enjoy.

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, particularly from antipodean members. I can see how a Yeti could find an excellent home over there.

Indeed, I am hoping to receive confirmation of collection for next Saturday and so, with luck, start gentle running in before putting some motorway miles on. I have only had the 1.9, 110/115PS engines before, which never faltered in 200k. So I am expecting a very able performer in the new engine, that coupled with what appears to be one of the most versatile everyday 4x4 systems should make every trip a relaxed and safe experience. Cheers

#6 ·
Welcome Ferdie, from another of those antipodeans ( makes us sound like some sort of marine animal I always think lol). The Yeti suits me very well - first day it went on a 500 km trip on the highway, a few more hundred kms around the city and then home again - without missing a beat! I would take it off road but I don't want it to get dirty. Too new!

#7 ·
Wow suzz quite a trip, I have had mine 5hours now but only done 50 miles, just starting to get the feel for it. I'm getting the impression that owners have great faith in their Yetis, at this stage it seems like a very different driving experience for me. However I am feeling confident that at 1000miles I may be as fanatical as the rest of you

#8 ·
Got my 140 Elegance 4x4last year just before the winter, mainly because we live above the snow line between Bradford and Halifax. Had a few issues with the previous Octavia in the snow but the Yeti had no problems in the snow. Even ended up as an impromptu taxi service for people at work whodidn't fancy driving in the snow.

I've had it now nearly 9 months and it still brings a smile to my face whenever I drive it.

Ferdie, I'll be down near Abergavenny towards the end of next month so if you see a black Yeti on a K personal plate it'll probably be me.

Keith

#9 ·
Ferdie said:
Wow suzz quite a trip, I have had mine 5hours now but only done 50 miles, just starting to get the feel for it. I'm getting the impression that owners have great faith in their Yetis, at this stage it seems like a very different driving experience for me. However I am feeling confident that at 1000miles I may be as fanatical as the rest of you
It will happen. It happens to all of us, sooner or later. It will probably start with the words "I think I'll go for a drive in the Yeti...".
You will just have to go along with it because resistance is futile......

Edited by: plbxr

#10 ·
I shall look forward to it plbxr, already have done a little jaunt up the Blorange (passes for a mountain here in Wales) and by the 'summit' the smile had arrived. I already look out for other Yetis (have for while to get an appreciation of colours and how the look) but will now be looking for your's KeithW, mine is a Rosso red 13 plate. Would guess I've see 2-3 here over last 6 months.

#12 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome, from wet South Wales, UK. More than a little envious of you sun this year.

Just in my first week of Yeti life, having driven a Audi TT a little I can see the common handling traits, must be the Haldex 4x4. Very secure on quick tight corners but a more forgiving ride. Good fun vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.