Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have searched the forum, but still have these queries:-
1. Had a Witter detachable tow bar retro -fitted by the Skoda dealer. Have seen Llanigrahams post of 13 Mar 2013 on subject of tow bars with 7 pin socket. Is it reasonable of me to expect that the rear parking sensor should not sound in Reverse, when the trailer is attached? Dealer and service staff appear to be ignorant of the reprogramming needed.

2. Columbus media system and Samsung Galaxy 3 - Bluetooth pairing.
Although paired successfully as New User, it seems everytime I turn on ignition, we have to confirm pairing on Yeti then S3 with a new generated code. Only have to confirm OK on both, but it is a bit of a bind. Used to Audi system, where the two recognised each other automatically. Looked at settings in car and S3, but cant find auto-accept feature. Any help welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Your dealer should have reprogrammed the yeti,

1 the rear sensors should not operate
2 the bulb failure system should operate to include the trailer (legal requirement)
3 the radio screen should show a car and trailer
4 the rear fog light should be off when trailer attached only trailer one working
5 the alarm should include the trailer
6 and a few other electronic bits

take it back and tell them to do the job right

Sorry don,t know much about the BT not got it on mine

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here's a page from the bluetooth guide which may help. Once connected to have to confirm the creation of a user profile.

I don't know why they don't supply this with those cars fitted with bluetooth. I had to down load it from the Skoda website.

Keith

·
Administrator
13,057 Posts
I managed to pair SWMBO Galaxy Ace, and the speed dial through the Bolero works as do spoken commands via the steering wheel. They connect easily without any actions from me, but so far I have not been able to copy the phone book across. The phone book is on the sim rather than the phone, has anyone else managed to share a Galaxy Ace phonebook?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks Keith.
It seems I might not have created a User profile on the car. Will follow the instructions you posted.

Chris.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on tow bar issue

Dealer says: After extensive
investigation I have found out that there is a retro fit kit that will give you
the equivalent to the factory fit tow bar preparation.

This is in addition to the tow bar that we
fitted ( for £400 ) and including labour would cost £450.00, but would do for £365.
I have replied saying that due to the eight defects ( including the two with legality issues ) the job so far is not up to Skoda specifications, and that I expected the full retro fitby having it done by a dealer
and not a tow bar fitter.
Would anyone who has had a successful retro fit done ( i.e without the eight issues ) at a dealer or elsewhere be prepared to say how much it cost them please?

Thanks,

Chris

<?: prefix = o />

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Chris
What wiring kit has been used?
Which dealer? Not the one in Gloucester, was it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Llanigraham said:
Chris
What wiring kit has been used?
Which dealer? Not the one in Gloucester, was it?
I have asked exactly what has been used so far, and what is proposed in the second kit.

Yes, the Glos. one

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
On the other Forum that dealer hasn't got a good reputation!!

I suspect that either the fitter has used a generic loom, which is unsuitable, and/or the dealer hasn't tried to reprogramme the ECU, possibly because they don't understand how to, even though they get full instructions from SUK!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Llanigraham said:
On the other Forum that dealer hasn't got a good reputation!!

I suspect that either the fitter has used a generic loom, which is unsuitable, and/or the dealer hasn't tried to reprogramme the ECU, possibly because they don't understand how to, even though they get full instructions from SUK!
I think you maybe correct. They didn't appear to be conversant with ECU reprogramming.

Still waiting to hear from any other members who have had a tow bar retro fitted correctly first time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bluetooth update

Following Keith's advice, I went through all the User/ Bluetooth options on the Yeti. Besides all the usual Connect/ Disconnect, Rename and Delete options, I could not find one for auto-connect.
As I said before, no trouble with Galaxy S3 and other Audis doing this.

Regardless of phone, are other members having to OK the connection in car and on phone each time?

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
When I bought mine (ex demo) the tow bar had been taken off, but they fitted another at cost price, including the 13 pin wiring, for £300, which was correct (??) then.
From "elsewhere", if you had basic tow bar prep from the factory, the cost seems to be around the £400 mark now. Often dealers do sub-contract the work, but they are still legally responsible for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ChrisYeti said:
Regardless of phone, are other members having to OK the connection in car and on phone each time?
My Yeti BT works 100% with my iPhone 5 and my previous iPhone 4, paired in seconds and all functions work, the car autoconnects withing a few seconds of turning on the ignition.

My work supplied BlackBerry 9900 will not talk to the Yeti at all, I hate the phone anyway so I just set it to forward calls to my personal iPhone when driving.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As noted elsewhere, my dealer (Vindis of Cambridge) pointed me at Anglia Towbars for fitting - they do all of the after market work for Vindis so I'm told and since they did a good job, first time, I have to agree...

I had a Westfalia Removable unit fitted (the Skoda preferred option I would suspect as the cutout in the boot fits the removable section perfectly for storage).

I had to get the cover (p/n 5L6807499U34) and reinforcement (p/n 5L6807518)from my local dealer. Anglia fitted the wiring kit and the towbar and then I had to take it back to Vindis for coding (1hr workshop time). The Westfalia kit came with precise instructions for coding the vehicle correctly.

For the record, all the costs were as follows:

Cover £16.41
Reinforcement £4.34
Supply & fit Westfalia Towbar £378.00
Supply & fit Yeti Wiring Kit £216.00
1 Hr Workshop time (Coding) £84.00

Total £698.75

I'm sure it didn't really take an hour to code the towbar but in the end I have a perfectly serviceable towbar. All the electrics work exactly as they should and I am very happy.

Nigel in Cambridge

·
Registered
71 Posts
Autoconnect is usually a function of the phone - the phone is seeking to connect to the Yeti as an external audio device (rather than the Yeti connecting to the phone).

I don't have a Samsung but on other devices, there's usually an option (once paired with a device) to select whether or not the device needs authorisation for future connections. No authorisation = auto connect.

For the record I have been able to pair and successfully use iPhone4, iPhone 4S, Blackberry Bold 9780, Blackberry Curve 8500 as well as an aging Nokia 6303ci. I've also been able to pair an iPod Touch 4G for audio playback.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Auto-connect problem solved
I tried my old Nokia, and that auto-connected OK, so it had to be a phone issue.

Updated the firmware on my Galaxy S3 ( from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean, yes really
), making sure on re-pairing to check the 'Do not ask again' box when it asked to download contacts and call history. Not pushing my luck, just using it for phone and not music streaming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tow bar update

The dealer came back saying that the full tow bar prep would be £365 after discount. I replied saying that that is what I thought I ordered in the first place. I thought I would be entitled to ask them to do this at their expense ( due to the 2 legality issues, it was not fit for purpose), but after :a) Seeing that Witter would have charged the same, plus you would see need the re-programming done
b) The dealer offered to split the £365 cost

I decided to let them try and put it right.

The only visible difference is the swapping of the 7 pin socket for a 13 pin with supplied adaptor. All the eight points seem to have been solved, bar the annoyance of the rear sensor bleeping when in reverse with the trailer attached.

Dealer has been cagey about what they have done exactly, so still not sure re-programming has been done. After £582 spent, am I being too fussy, or should I insist that this is solved ( but not by simple switch turning function off )?

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
The parking sensors should NOT bleep when you select reverse and the trailer is connected. That means that they still haven't programmed it correctly. They have very explicit (and easily understandable) instructions from Skoda on exactly how this should be done.
Take it back and tell them that if it isn't done correctly you will make a formal complaint to SUK!
What display are you getting on the central screen?

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Llanigraham said:
What display are you getting on the central screen?
Thanks for that advice Llanigraham.

I have the Columbus sat-nav/ media screen.

There has been no change at all. That is, in reverse gear,screen just shows diagram of rear of car. Should image of a trailer be shown?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts