Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title, today I fitted a Brink detachable tow bar and dedicated loom, supplied by PF Jones,

Firstly, PF Jones were very quick to deliver, ordered on Sunday it was here by 09:00 on Tuesday.

I had the bumper off and tow bar bolted on in two hours yesterday evening, today was wiring day, and it took all day !

PF Jones's instructions are pretty good, but can be confusing when it comes to the fuse box connections, but once I'd thought about it and added some common sense it was obvious.
They show two terminal connectors going into the same slot, confusing, but there's two slots per fuse, so if one wire goes into one slot, the other must go into the second slot, easy.
Getting the terminals out of the fuse box is not quite so easy, but with the right tool and finding out that you have to lift the pink part of the fuse box from the base before they come out (even with the right tool) it's not so bad.

All in all, it's a fiddly PITA job, but doable for most home mechanics.

Now all I need to do is code the car, anyone close to Heathrow with VCDS, as my VCDS lite wont even talk to the Yeti.

Next week I'll have to take the bumper off again to fit the removable panel, as it's not due to arrive until Tuesday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up my new (to me) caravan today, a 19ft 1300kg swift, the Yeti dealt with it no problem at all.
Towing was one of the considerations when choosing a Yeti, I've towed with many cars from Merc C class, Land Rover Discovery, Audi A4 to name a few, but the Yeti seems to be the best mix of power, stability and comfort while returning above 30 mpg.
I can see why Practical Caravan magazine love their long term test Yeti.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts