Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

looking at the additional options one can get for skoda yeti se plusand two I will get are

1: metallic brill grey - what are the thoughts on that colour - has anyone have one and what are their views i.e. scratches, wear and tear

2: Space save spare wheel - does this result in alot of boot loss

3,I have two children and we cycleso looking at the tow baroption - what exactly do you get if you add this option is ittow bar etc

will look at getting this to carry bikes (something along this). Any thoughts

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/westfalia-portilo-folding-cycle-carrier.html

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cycle carrier looks a great bit of kit. Haven't got one but I think it'll be going on the Christmas list!
Very pleased with my Westfalia towbar though

Edited by: nleaney

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
The spare wheel is not a thin "space saver" but a slightly narrower steel wheel. It brings the boot floor up to the sill level.

Basic tow bar prep gives you the wiring to the back of the car for the trailer lighting, the cut-out in the rear bumper for the towbar, different rad fans and a few things that need to be programmed into the electrics after the wiring is connected. With that cycle carrier you could have a removeable ball.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had towbar and single 7 pole electrics fitted by D M Keith West Yorks. Its a Thule detatchable towbar. (There are some on e-bay for £237) The 7 pole single electrics apparently do NOT require the Canbus resetting. That is only required if a 13 point electric fitted.Price was very good at just over £400.

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Yeti-2013 said:
Just had towbar and single 7 pole electrics fitted by D M Keith West Yorks. Its a Thule detatchable towbar. (There are some on e-bay for £237) The 7 pole single electrics apparently do NOT require the Canbus resetting. That is only required if a 13 point electric fitted.Price was very good at just over £400.
WRONG!!
YES THEY DO!!

If the car is not reprogrammed you will find that:

the rear parking sensors will sound everytime you try to reverse with the trailer plugged in

the in-car screen will not show the trailer

the bulb failure system will not include the trailer lights

the dash reminder that the trailer indicators aren't working won't work (therefore illegal)

the car rear fog will stay on if the trailer is plugged in

the stability programme is not properly configured for the trailer

the alarm system will not sense the trailer

the indicators will potentially flash at the wrong rate.(therefore illegal)

I suggest you take the car back and get it correctly reprogrammed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On making enquires with the Skoda helpdesk they confirmed that the 7 point plug system has been correctly installed and does not require the Canmbus resetting. The towbar works ok, but the electrical side is a nuisance, especially the parking sensors.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
IT NEEDS REPROGRAMMING. Don't take no for an answer, it is not legal no bulb failed warning, and parking sensors should turn off

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Yeti-2013 said:
On making enquires with the Skoda helpdesk they confirmed that the 7 point plug system has been correctly installed and does not require the Canmbus resetting. The towbar works ok, but the electrical side is a nuisance, especially the parking sensors.
How many times do people need to be told!!

GET THE CAR REPROGRAMMED!!

·
Administrator
14,594 Posts
You don't say whereabouts you are, but these people have been well spoken of. They fit towbars and do the reprogramming, if they are not too far from you, you could contact them for advice and having the programming done for you.
http://www.philtaylortowbars.co.uk/#

1 - 13 of 13 Posts