Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have had my Yeti for a couple of months and love it,is a great little car that really pulls well, for a 1.2 i find it amazing, good low down and at revs,
my question is is anyone towing a caravan with one of these? if so what size van?
btw i seem to get about 34mpg around home and more on a run.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Is it type approved for towing?
If you look at the bottom of the driver's side B post there is a sticker with various weights on it. That will tell you the maximum weights allowed.

I would be interested to know what it says?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi M0BMN, I'm not towing anything at the moment, nor am I familiar with UK regulations, but Oz specs are probably similar. The Oz 77TSI Yeti is rated for a braked towing capacity of 1200kg (diesels are rated at 2000kg braked). All our Yeti models come with towing prep factory fitted as standard equipment and the 77TSI also has the rough road design/heavy duty suspension (PR Code: 2UB), so this may uprate the towing capacity.
Around town I am getting between 7 and 7.5 L/100km (40 and 38mpg) and my lead-footed wife gets between 8 and 8.5 (35 and 33 mpg), largely due to her preference for S mode on the DSG. In the country, highway fuel consumption goes down consistently to about 6 L/100km (47 mpg).
I hope this helps you,
Brett

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts