Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on, you Yeti owners and dog lovers ... there MUST be someone out there who has a transit box in the back of their Yeti which houses a large dog or dogs. Someone on another website, not car orientated, suggested the DB3 Tracker from a firm in Lincolnshire. Anyone any other ideas ... cost not a factor, as we just want them to be as safe as they can be.

If I knew how to post a picture of them both (and they are adorable) I would do so, but I don't and, anyway, probably not of interest to the majority of Yeti enthusiasts.

Would love someone to respond, if only to enable me to tell (or advise) Michael that the transit box he ought to consider is ??????

·
Registered
394 Posts
steve20bore as a dog box, see here:http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/with-the-big-boys_topic968.htmlClearly not big enough for a couple of labs though, but looking at that I'd guess the seats would need to be down to get a cage and two labs in the back of a Yeti? Wouldn't it be best to take the dogs to a box that they will be comfortable in, try it, then see if it fits the back of a Yeti?
Good luck with your search...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use a 'Dog Pod' for our two beardies and get another whenever I change the car. Give them a call as they are VERY helpful if a little eccentric?
<a href="http://www.dogpods.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
http://www.dogpods.com/</a>

Edited by: Sye

·
Registered
73 Posts
check out ebay for dog cages. we have a large one for our labradoodle and cost £30 ish.

brian

·
Registered
141 Posts
Before this one

I had a Lintran box in the Yeti. I can not remember the model number, but it was originally made to fit a Mk4 Golf, but was a great fit in the Yeti.I had two Labs and Springer in it, although quite a tight fit.

Now down to only one dog,my Cocker rattled aroung in the Lintran box, so I got a smaller box.

The quality of the Lintran box ( still in use as a sleeping box ) is very good. My one must be about sixteen years old now, with no issues at all.

Steve.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I've gone off piste and posted something about this on the Newbies site ... I did warn you all that I might. Problem appears solved. DB3 tracker, but bespoke height, is being ordered tomorrow. It's MJ's once a year day where he makes a decision (I know you'll be thinking, or is allowed to!!)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that must have been a squeeze, with two labs and a springer, but the way dogs seem to lie all over one another in close proximity doesn't seem to matter to them at all. Thanks for trying to help. I'll try to take some pics of them in situ when we get both the Yeti and the box for the canines.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for trying to help. Clearly it's down to what fits and what does the job. They don't get transported about on long journeys these days, and apart from a couple of visits to kennels when we might go away and the annual booster injections at the vet when they are in transit together, they are mainly in it alone - usually for an individual visit to the vet costing a small fortune! DB3 Tracker with a bespoke height extension seems to be MJ's preferred option ... so I'm leaving the ball very fairly in his court. Just hope Magnus won't be stupid and refuse to get in!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lablover....my wife has a Yeti and we have a Ferplast Atlas 100. This is the biggest dog box that we could findthat wouldfit in the back of the Yeti. She tells me it may not be big enough for your dogs. We have a divider in ours but you obviously don't have to put that in.

We bought it on Amazon......Ferplast Atlas Car 100 Dog Car Carrier, 100 x 60 x 66 cm, Grey

The only thing with it is it does restrict the rear vision, however, my wife is only 5'2" and still manages to see out the back of her Yeti. The other option is a dog guard.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
lablover said:
If I knew how to post a picture of them both (and they are adorable) I would do so, but I don't and, anyway, probably not of interest to the majority of Yeti enthusiasts.
I think most people here would like to see some photos of your Labradors and your vehicle. Here is a link that will instruct you on how to display photos in the forums. It is quite easy to do.
http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/how-to-upload-photos_topic158.html
PS The space limit has been increased to 150 megabytes so there is plenty of room for lots of photos.
Hope this helps.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's lovely, plbxr, and thank you so much for the link to upload photos. Taking delivery on 1st March and hoping that the weather is reasonable.

So much to do in our house at present, that we are rather behind with reading the Daily Telegraph. However in the Motoring supplement for 1st February Honest John under the title "Always Better to Czech" says that Skoda are now making most of the1.2 and 1.4TSI engines for Audis, Seats, Skodas and VWs ... but you knew that, anyway, didn't you! There's also a two page article by Andrew English. His verdict "Understandably popular SUV with great practicality, versatile seating and terrific handling, if so-so ride quality. This mild facelift is designed to keep the Yeti going until a much bigger replacement arrives in five and seven seat form. **** out of ***** stars!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The engines and gearboxes come with all four manufacturers logos stamped on the top of them. It is good to know that if I need a part, such as an OEM oil filter, that I can also go to a VW or Audi dealer and get one that will fit.

I (wickedly) like to tell people with Audi's that they are just driving a VW with extra bling.

I am yet to see a bad write-up of a Yeti and after owning one I certainly know why that is so. I think that Skoda's catchphrase of "Simply Clever" is a very apt description.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
plbxr said:
I (wickedly) like to tell people with Audi's that they are just driving a VW with extra bling.

I enjoy winding up a work colleague by calling my Yeti an Audi. When he responds, I ask him what the circles stamped on various parts of my car signify, I also enjoy winding him up by saying, of course it can't be an Audi because it keeps winning surveys and awards. Such fun.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Touche, monsieur Hoody.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lablover said:
Looks like I've gone off piste and posted something about this on the Newbies site ... I did warn you all that I might. Problem appears solved. DB3 tracker, but bespoke height, is being ordered tomorrow. It's MJ's once a year day where he makes a decision (I know you'll be thinking, or is allowed to!!)

Looks a good choice for you is there any room left for a little un?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts