Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody noticed when opening the front passenger door, about a half cup of water escaping from around the bottom of the door? I knowwe've had a lot of rain, but this shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
515 Posts
No but I am now going to have a look.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes ours does the same. It's strange how it happens only on the passenger side and not the drivers side dooralso!

I've checked the carpets for any water ingress and all seems ok, so I have not bothered to check this issue out. The other half has learned to side step the cupful of water when opening the door after rain.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
I've never been a passenger in my car, and SWMBO has never mentioned this so I assume I do not have the problem. Looking around the passenger door if you follow the top of the sill to the front there appears to be a drainage slot where it meets the front wheel arch. There is a plastic cover just in front of the slot. The passenger side would go through more puddles in normal use. Are the slots and plastic arch deflector the same on both sides of your car. It could be the slot is blocked so it does not drain, or the deflector is askew and not stopping the ingress of water (or I could be talking rubbish).

·
Registered
73 Posts
could it be that the door inner seal ,the cellophane type one behind the door card ,has broken down?
ive had them split/puncture or not been replaced correctly. this has led to water collecting in the door and runs out when the door is opened.

brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have a closer look when I get 10mins. Glad im not the only one experiencing the problem. I did check inside around the footwell, all dry. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does same...dealer told me this was normal when I took it for a service last week. I mentioned it and it wasnt seen as an advisable by mechanics or anything. Might just be hows things are?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been blaming my other half for this. It didn't dawn on me that it could've been water - I just naturally assumed the worst

1 - 8 of 8 Posts