Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have owned a yeti 1.2 Elegance for 26 months, I bought it from new and have driven 30,000 miles in that time. During this period I have had to have the sun roof repaired(and the fault has now occurred again), a new coil fitted on the engine management system and a whole new clutch. These occurrences are bad enough, but since I have had the new clutch fitted the car has developed a rather loud rattle. This noise is not continuous, but is quite frequent and doesn't appear to be caused in any particular gear or at any particular speed or revs.

I have taken it back to my dealer who have informed me that the noise is coming from the turbo, apparently as it contracts. They have spoken to Skoda, who have told them that the noise is not a defect of the car, but is a "characteristic". They tell me that most of the yeti's make this noise. The dealer said that they had one on their forecourt that also made this noise, but when they tried to demonstrate it to me......the noise wasn't there.

This noise is driving me to distraction, but Skoda won't do anything about it, as it isn't a defect. My argument with them, is that if the car that I road tested had made this noise, then I would not have gone ahead with the purchase. And if they had told me that it would make this noise after owning the car for 18 month, then I wouldn't have bought it either.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this noise?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Blimey, sounds like a Friday night car if ever there was! I too have a 1.2 but can't admit to hearing anything strange but will listen carefully tomorrow!

Interesting about the clutch as there was a post only yesterday about this very subject...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I haven't ever had any rattles from a turbo on any vehicle and have never heard of a turbo contracting. It's water cooled so it doesn't get that hot compared to older types. Sounds to me like dealer bs to get you off their backs. Turbos don't normally rattle and if one does then its stuffed. I think it probably might be the heat shield around it that may be vibrating and needs tightening, or the clutch repair was botched up.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hood's the wise owl on these type of issues but I would certainly take it to another Skoda dealer and ask their opinion (probably best youdon't discuss that you have been elsewhere)- things rerely get better if just ignored. This doessound a strange noise, if it is the turbo.Coincidences do happen but as you state"since I have had the new clutch fitted the car has developed a rather loud rattle." This may have something to do with your problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi

Interested to know what your issue with the sun roof was/ is. I have a 3 month old Elegance and it is just back from having the whole interior roof removed to stop rattles from the sun roof mechanism (dealer hinted was known issue). Dealer was pretty good - confirmed noise on a test drive but it was then 3 days in the workshop. Just concerned that the rattles/ clonks could return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts