Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened twice. Re set tyre pressure and the stop/start worked for a short time and then stopped. Took it in to the local dealer and they could not find anything wrong but re set the tyre pressure as that appeared to show up a problem on their diagnostics. Not had to change pressures for some time but when I did, it happened again. Just re-set the tyre pressures and the stop start is working again. Strange but true. Has anyone else come across this?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Re set tyre pressure and the stop/start worked for a short time and then stopped

Not had to change pressures for some time

Just re-set the tyre pressures and the stop start is working again.  Strange but true.  

Hi To make this a bit more clear from the statements above from your posting, do you mean re-set the tyre pressures on the cars monitoring system? I take it you do not need to actually change the tyre pressures with an airline??

If the garage is totally lost for an answer contact Skoda UK as this appears to be a major problem with the on board management control system which if you leave it un resolved may well cause more serious problems in the future.
Just had a think about this could be corrupted code or coding error or even a very minute short circuit on the board, anyway it should not be doing this so keep up the pressure on all concerned and GET IT FIXED, could you keep us up to date with the outcome on the forum please its a very odd fault thanks.

I assume that having stop/start your car is very new and under its 3 year warranty period???Edited by: EVOTRIANGLE

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
There are lots of things that will stop the start/stop from activating, could it just be a coincidence after resetting the TPMS?

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I wish my stop start would stop!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm...today whilst driving and having done my tyre pressures at the garage a few min's earlier (pressure up from 30 to 32 17" wheels), 30 felt too sluggish, I was driving along in stop-start rush hour traffic and the car died, Turned key off/on a few times, hit pedals several times but no joy, no power. After several attempts, it started again...funny that.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
Did you reset the TPMS after you increased the pressure in tyres?
No way could it have had an effect like you describe though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I did, I pressed the tyre pressure button on the dash after leaving the garage. I'm new to all this stop/start and tech in a car, so it's a bit of a learning curve. My first vehicle was a VW Splittly 1967, no sign of stop/start there, ha!

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
I do wonder about how much of a drain a stop/start car must put on the battery. Guess I should get a multi-meter to it. Thanks.
Stop/Start will put very little drain on the battery simply because if the battery is low it will not work.

I would suggest getting a battery voltage meter like the one linked to above and checking 2 different voltages:
1/ The voltage whilst the engine is running and nothing else is turned on.
2/ The voltage after the engine has NOT been started for more than 3 hours and before you turn the ignition on.

1 should give a result of around 14.5v.
2 should read above 12.5v. Anything below that means that the battery is starting to go off. 12v or below means the battery is fubared.

I have one of the linked voltage meters and find it very useful and surprisingly accurate.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
2/ The voltage after the engine has NOT been started for more than 3 hours and before you turn the ignition on.
2 should read above 12.5v. Anything below that means that the battery is starting to go off. 12v or below means the battery is fubared.
Did a test today, the battery at standing reads 12.13 so guess that's OK then.
Isn't 12.13 less than 12.5?

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
Or in need of a good charge, if you don't do many miles there are a lot of electronics to run it down even when switched off. These are good ctek charger
If you get an adaptor you can plug it into the boot socket to charge the battery. I had mine plugged in for eight weeks and it worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
Whilst the ctek charger might get the battery voltage up for a while, unless it can desulphate the battery it is only a temporary measure, and the battery will need replacing anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I must admit to having done a lot of short runs, i.e 5-6 miles. I'll keep an eye on it, the car is a 16 plate, so coming up to four years old. Any recommendations as to a replacement battery and where from, Eurocarparts? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts