Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yeti peoplegoing on holidays,me, the good half,and 3 grandsons 16,14,9,
i have checked to see what the tyre pressure will be due to it being a full load.
normally it says front 22,rear 23,
with a full car it says front 24,rear 30,
does any body think that the rear seems to be a bit high as i dont want to put the wrong pressure in.
any feedback would be very welcome
yeti 1.8tsi 4x4 elegance

·
Registered
26 Posts
This appears to be at odds with what my showroom told me.

I have a 2.0 litre 170 bhp.Elegance 4 x 4 Tdi diesel. For everyday run-around (just me in the vehicle), l was advised 33psi on both front and back. These being the same pressuresas the 170 bhp Octavia Vrs that l exchanged previously.

Does this help, or only serve to cloud the issue?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi,thanks for the replythe figures i have given are from the information on the inside of the petrol flap.
it is in bar pressure, 22bar=32psi, 23bar=33psi, 24bar=35psi, 30bar=44psi

this is why i am concerned about the rear tyres

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
Hi I've just been out and checked mine, and the advised pressures are as you quoted with 30 bar at the back. My previous car (Mazda) was 40 psi in the rears with a full load.Three extra people and all their luggage are quite a weight in the back. The tyres on mine (Dunlops) have a maximum pressure of 51 psi.
I would also make sure of dropping the pressure as soon as I got back to normal loads to a void uneven wear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I hope this might be of some use....
I have a 4wd 140 Diesel Yeti and do a lot of motorway and twisty country road driving, I have spent some time trying different tyre pressures and have settled on 36psi on the fronts and 34psi on the rears. This has given me long tyre life on the motorway and more positive steering feeling in the corners.
I have up until recently been using the factory delivered Dunlop Sports SP01's and have found them a really good tyre (got over 25k miles out of the last set).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1.6 Grrenline with winter tyres. As the greenline apparently runs with tyres above normal pressure I am at a loss to know what to set mine to. I've settle for 32 psi all round as compromise.
Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just a warning guys, we all know that tyres have a correct tyre pressure and a incorrect one, the normal running along nice roads in summer weather will not tax the handling of the car too much if the pressure is not at the correct level, in some cases, with 10 psi difference but and this is a big BUTin the winter when the road surface has greese oil water ice snow water potholes and or many more hazards you must have the correct manufacturers recommended tyre pressure on all five wheels and your wheels must be balanced.
Your tyres are the most important thing on the vehicle apart from the wife obviously.
let me be the first to wish all a ball at christmas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts