Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will need to replace my front tyres shortly as they are very close to the wear bar.The tyres are 225/50/17 Dunlop SP01-are these run flat tyres or can you fit other makes? Any recomendations?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi no they are not run flats, you can put any make you like on as long as the speed and load rating is correct, have you thought about all season tyres they are good for the cold weather and shift water well. I have the Goodyear all season tyres on mine and they are wearing well 12k and still look hardly worn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have purchased a set of Westlake All Seasons Tyres from Tyreshopper.Thus far very pleased with the purchase.They are quieter than the Dunlop SP01's and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a set of hankook winter tyres so far very good and quiet they are 16 "
My fuel figures have improved and the speedo reads the same I would recommend them
Have not tried them on snow jet

·
Registered
8 Posts
After our first two days of snow up here I have had good opportunity to test my new Yokohama "W Drive" winter tyres. Absolutely brilliant, the difference in grip is just amazing under acceleration, braking and cornering in snow and ice. Of course the Yeti Halmex 4x4 gives a great bonus as well.

I can thoroughly recommend these tyres (they are even very quiet on normal dry roads).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts